ICP equipment warranties

Can anyone tell me if you could buy a 10yr labor warranty for an ICP product (Tempstar) through the manufacturer (ICP/Tempstar) when you buy and install a new system?

If you can what kind of documentation would the homeowner get to reflect that they have purchased such warranty?

The only thing I have received is an E-mail from ICP saying my products have been registered.

Thanks!

The extended warranty is throiugh a 3rd party. Your dealer has to register the equipment for that seperately.
    Climate Control Solutions for your Home or Office

Serving Northeast Philadelphia and Surrounding Areas

So, you can only buy a 10yr labor warranty for ICP equipment through a 3rd party vendor?

Would the customer normally be given info (registration #'s, dates ect) from the 3rd party about their warranty incase they need to have another HVAC company (not the installer) service the equipment and not have to pay for the labor?

I'd NEVER buy a labor warranty from a third party. In past these warranties are not worth the paper they are printed on. Waste of paper, and your money.

You have the extended parts warranty 10yrs over the basic unregistered 5, but as doc said you can buy the extended labor warranty from your HVAC contractor or there are companies that sell separate extended warranties but not all dealers will accept them, the one you buy from the dealer he must stand behind.

In my contract I have (10yrs parts AND labor warranty) and have not been to impressed with the companies service after the sale so I wasn't sure if the labor warranty was through the manufacture, 3rd party or the installer. I guess worst case is I'm stuck with the installer but get 10yrs of labor or a 3rd party warranty but how would i tell who could do the service work?

How would I go about asking how the labor warranty is covered without just coming out and asking about it? If I'm stuck with these guys I don't want to piss them off and get even worst service!

Just ask the dealer for details on the warranty. Let them know you did not receive it and you want it for your records.

Quote Originally Posted by comfortdoc View Post
    Just ask the dealer for details on the warranty. Let them know you did not receive it and you want it for your records.
    Sounds like a simple way to ask for it!

Quote Originally Posted by rk05 View Post
    Sounds like a simple way to ask for it!
    Yup

A few years ago we had an "in house" 5 year labor warranty however we still had a written agreement that the homeowner received a copy of. I can't imagine your installer does not have some kind of typed form either from him or the company covering the warranty. Since you paid for it, simply ask for a copy of agreement for "your own records". If they can't furnish one, then pay attention to what goes on as does not sound very organized to say the least!

I'm going to send them an E-mail asking for a copy of it for my records. Whether it is covered through them or a 3rd party I would like to have it just in case something would ever happen to their company. If it is covered through a 3rd party and they were to go out of business I would have the info to get someone else to cover my equipment and if they cover it I guess I'm SOL!