Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Carrier Infinity Air purifier

Just curious ,Any one have any comments or experience with this product. They make some pretty outstanding claims. I haven't got one into the shop yet to test one. Here is a demo video on there technology.
    http://www.residential.carrier.com/a...rifierdemo.swf
    HVAC contractors magazine in the mail to day they show the infinity with a bunch of germs tied to an electric chair. The add says Show Germs No Mercy

Thumbs up

I just put one in my house about a month ago and it seems to be great.We always have had the fan on low with a standard filter for air quality but the new does seem a bit better.

I looked at the filter just on the weekend and it still has lots of life left.

I like it better than the Trane version because you throw the filter out veres cleaning it as well it looks like the Trane filter would have a higher static presure drop over time than the Carrier filter.

The test will be when the cold and flu season hits!
    We are all here to learn!

Only Air Cleaner worth it

The Problem with most Electronic Air Cleaners are that they only capture air born allergens. Carrier's new Infinity Air Purifier is the only one the captures and KILLS living organisms. When you pull out the guts of the Trane Side Effects unit, all the living organisms fly right out into your home again, So even if you have a great hepa Vacuum and take it outside, you still are pulling it out right at the furnace where those living organisms get out of that filter and the furnace wil spread them through the house.

However, Carrier's Infinity Air Purifier kills those living viruses and germs and when you change the filter (about once a year) those allergens are dead. Then you start over with a fresh new filter. No cleaning required. No risk of fire.

I should mention I have installed over 50 of the Infinity Air Purifiers. I have not received a single complaint. I promise to post here the first complaint I get. I plan on installing 50 more this year.

I have a hard time believing Carriers claims just because you kill something doesn't mean the problems doesn't exist. When you kill or make an organism go inactive you create what is called micro toxins especially in mold spore. In turn you create VOCs from the micro toxins. Look at there video I posted its pretty comical.

But to be fair, at least they are "just" micro toxins. Thus they are less of an issue. Hence the name.

Of course no air purifier is going to give you perfect oxygen. I don't believe that is the point. THe point is to get the current air cleaner than it is. Killing the nucleus of these living organisms is going to accomplish that better than simply capturing them.

HVACXPRT you just don't understand the real problem with IAQ. Teddy bears post about toxic mold is one of the best explanations I have ever herd on the dangers of mold. Mold its self isn't an issue its the VOCs and the micro-toxins it puts off.

I think its funny how everyone in this section of the site wants to bash everyone elses purification devices.

The fact is, none of them will solve all of the problems associated with indoor air quality.

The Infinity Air Purifier is a great product.
    The video is there to give a homeowner an idea of how it works, and above all else, help sell product. What do you expect them to say?

By the way, the filter has a charge that helps trap the microtoxins. Carrier engineers have told me this charge holds for about 15 min after power is lost.

I have sold many Infinity air cleaners, and have one in my home. I have not had one failure or complaint, only praise from customers.

I also have 3 uv sterilization systems and PCO system, and one whole house dehumidifier. (I try everything in my own home first)

The proper thing is to apply the proper technology for the problem.

Agreed Davo good post. A lot of people here including me split hairs some times. But over marketing is a pet peeve of mine I guess since I started studying all aspects of IAQ and all technologies ,Including ours.

The air purifier goes in on the return side. Would one still put in UV light on the coil? Or is this over kill?

Absolutely not curious, we have had recent testing lately from the DOD that shows up 50% of biologics can make it through a merv 13 filter.
    So just keep this in mind when using UV light on a coil. If the drain pan is plastic you should check with the manufacture to see if the plastic has any inhibitors that will protect it from deterioration. Protect all wiring that is direct site of the lights. And remember that the UV lights will only effect what it directly radiates on so a single bulb in most cases isn't enough. Shadowing can hurt you so multiple bulbs are a must.
    One other thing not all bulbs are a like so try to find a system that doesn't produce ozone and are mostly in the 254nm band width range. Dust Free sales a nice system called the Bio-Fighters. We have have some installed on one of our test furnaces in the shop. The bulbs have held 100% of there uv wattage for 11 months now.They look real professional when installed.

Dust Free Bio fighters uv lights look good. There are several models... any particular one other than dual bulb? I see nomad, triad, lightstick, etc. Also how do you cover an N shaped coil without putting a hole in the coil case. Could you put the UV light ahead of the coil in the air flow or does it make a big difference where it is placed?

We have used the Versa Lights on several projects over seas and have real good luck with them. And on a N coil set up position them with in an inch over the top of the coil. You can't really get a good seal if you penetrate the center of the N . You will get more benefit from addressing the air quality instead of trying to irradiate the return side of the coil. The most effective place to put UV light are just after the filter because the bulb will be more efficient in the warmer temperatures. But you have to have special equipment to do that because the lights can destroy your filters with out shielding and you have to worry about the wiring in the motor compartment degradating.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast