+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "Just go there and see if you can get it running"

Post Likes

"Just go there and see if you can get it running"

So, the boss calls and says "Hey, the A/C is out at one of the salesman's houses, can you go get it running?". I drive over there and see this lovely unit:

Evidently a giant chunk of ice fell on it over the winter the year before, and he "fixed" it with some angle iron. The blade was bent though, and it finally shook enough to shear off the mounting bolts and drop the motor (still spinning) into the condenser. Whoops.

I put a new condenser in the next day.
    "We always fix it right the second time".

All posts are strictly my opinions and not those of my employer. I cannot make statements on behalf of my employer.

All advice posted by me is for educational purposes only, HVAC repairs should only be conducted by trained & qualified people.

Post Likes
    have seen one just like that, but they used 2 standing s strap's, instead of angle iron. LOL! it vibrated so bad, i thought it was take off! (I was scared to stand by it when it was running) I replaced the unit as well.

Post Likes
    Salesmen and tools....

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuclrchiller View Post
    Salesmen and tools....
    lol yah

Post Likes
    Seen this often. South Florida is full of hacks. I plan to go over to a set of buildings owned by a property management company that gave me stomach pains daily for three months. To this day they call me from new phone numbers trying to rehire me. I will NOT Band-Aid for them again. Callbacks were due to their budgetary constraints, repeated leaks that could not be fixed due to age, location and severity, and I fully disclosed that I am not responsible for the units if they don't want to spend the money to do it right. And so I only patched half of what I saw, and the rest I got calls on from their other guy that didn't seem to care. I will post photos. Well, if I can get over there and not have the tenants and property manager run over to me begging to come back.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in