Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: York BAS

Cool York BAS

Does anyone have any information on york ddc systems that was installed by York offices? I am looking into a complex of buildings with their system in and would like to gather as much info as possible, from programming to network.

If it is a York underfloor system I would stay far away from it. We subcontracted York to install underfloor systems in four different buildings and the systems still don't right. The underfloor controllers fail all the time, the temp sensors fail, the MSTP comm never stays online, and they aren't very good with support. Call for a problem and a guy shows up a week later.

York DDC

What I am looking for is information on a propritory automation system that York was installing in Buildings.

Whatever system they put in before, they will be
    pushing Johnson Controls on you now.
    Since the merger, most of their control techs have left
    because they knew they were going to slowly let york controls
    go away.

Quote Originally Posted by motec View Post
    What I am looking for is information on a propritory automation system that York was installing in Buildings.
    Most of Yorks controls weren't porpritory b/c most they resold other manufacturers controls. Most of the York controls that I have seen are Delta Controllers repackage with the York name on it.

Then all those sensors and end devices where Mamac Sensors with the York name on it.

The only documentation we ever had was only print out and cut sheets of the products. We could never get technical information on anything from them. We did manage to get the ICE configuration software, but it is a real pain to work with and figure out control issues.

I work with ConneXsys and ISN it can be cumbersum, but all aside it is very robust for a programer. Once you get use to Feature-Section-Page programing. Im very suprised that an end user was give ICE please use caution the software is very powerful. What state is this site in
    Last edited by adrian_a; 06-28-2007 at 09:06 PM.

Cool

Hiya Motec,
    As posted, the York range of BMS is very robust. Would need more info on the installed system. Are there any fan coil controllers? If so, are they labelled TDC or TDCE? Are the main controllers ISN or UDC (or god forbid the old MicroReporter?). As mentioned,
    1) Be very careful with ICE as its very powerfull.
    2) Once understood, the feature, section, page setup is logical and user friendly.

I do have a lot of PDF files/software available for email, including how to find a system password through the back door. Let me know.

Cheers

(UK York engineer)
    Last edited by shortfuse; 06-30-2007 at 08:23 AM. Reason: Content

I would like to get the backdoor password information please email.

Thanks for all the replies. The job is in Michigan and also 1 building was integrated over from Network 8000 the othe buildings were pnuematic and the used transducers on all actuation. The controls are all 3 years or newer. their are 2 more buildings to go and the owner would like to change to a Tridium system and the integrate the York over at a later date.

shortfuse, i am wondering if i could get info on ISN with UDC controls. i have the ice but am looking for software ref. manuals

York CX-IDC

shortfuse - Were working on a York CX-IDC, connecting with ICE at the controller, but dont know password, its not york, 9675 etc. Any install Pdf would be great. Thanks Karl

Quote Originally Posted by shortfuse View Post
    Hiya Motec,
    As posted, the York range of BMS is very robust. Would need more info on the installed system. Are there any fan coil controllers? If so, are they labelled TDC or TDCE? Are the main controllers ISN or UDC (or god forbid the old MicroReporter?). As mentioned,
    1) Be very careful with ICE as its very powerfull.
    2) Once understood, the feature, section, page setup is logical and user friendly.

I do have a lot of PDF files/software available for email, including how to find a system password through the back door. Let me know.

Cheers

(UK York engineer)

We have an underfloor building with all York controls and it has not been a good experience. The thermostats were the biggest piece of junk ever. The thermostats were made by Delta and they have a little plastic dial that spins on thin piece of plastic. Move it a couple times and it breaks. York kept on saying we never heard of other people having problems. That's BS. They finally changed all the tstats to something that looks the same as the carrier T56 stat. The flexheat and flexcool controllers also fail frequently. York agreed to change all the tstats and replace the controls that failed if they got the maintenance contract on the building. I told the owner that was a great idea. Now it's not my headache.

Shortfuse

Seen that you have info on York ConnX/ISn panel
    I would appreciate any literature you have
    Email is in my profile

Thanks TomT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast