+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A great website that would

Post Likes

A great website that would

be handy is one in local states where techs could rate there employers and past employers so that if a tech is looking for a new place to work they could see what really goes on that that place of work, before a person has to waste time sending over resumes and interviews just to find out the place was worst then the place they just left. Just a thought

Post Likes
    Sounds like a defamation site.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by toocoolforschool View Post
    Sounds like a defamation site.
    Depends on how you look at it. Its it any different than being at a supply house where all the gossip starts? If companys dont treat there people right why not let others now? Just like online reviews and ebay reviews! Is that defamation?

Post Likes
    indeed.com does this

Post Likes
    Excellent idea!!!!

There should also be one for employers to look at and see who they are hiring!!!!

Like "John Smith" We hired him and our callback rate tripled.

True story: you mention this guy's name to any company and he has been there. Great BS, personable guy, but couldn't fix anything.

Last I saw of his name was on craigslist " XXXXX heating and air" 4 years ago, He must be selling something else now and being useless-must be insurance-
    I wish I had a $1.00 for every response I deleted.....

"Decidedly Superior in a twisted pathetic way".....

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beshvac View Post
    Excellent idea!!!!

There should also be one for employers to look at and see who they are hiring!!!!

Like "John Smith" We hired him and our callback rate tripled.

True story: you mention this guy's name to any company and he has been there. Great BS, personable guy, but couldn't fix anything.

Last I saw of his name was on craigslist " XXXXX heating and air" 4 years ago, He must be selling something else now and being useless-must be insurance-
    That's what Google and checking references and pre test are for. Just seems like these company's post the worlds great job offer just to find out out its more like the worst place to work. In the age of instant information I think techs should rate the place of work. Then a person could ask future employers there concerns of what was mentioned in these forums that way neither person could waste there time in an interview.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bwd111 View Post
    That's what Google and checking references and pre test are for. Just seems like these company's post the worlds great job offer just to find out out its more like the worst place to work. In the age of instant information I think techs should rate the place of work. Then a person could ask future employers there concerns of what was mentioned in these forums that way neither person could waste there time in an interview.
    It all comes down to marketing.
    They will tell you how great there company is and all of the benefits that are provided to attract you. They will post "testimonials" from employees and only "good" if not fabricated testimonials from customers.

Speak with technicians that work at the company before you interview with them and get the real truth.

Most technicians will not be honest with you after you have been hired because they fear of repercussion if they do, but will open up with honesty if you ask before you are working side by side.

Post Likes
    Yeah, you have to be careful with that. I can smell the lawyers coming.

I lift things up and put them down.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DarrinB View Post
    Yeah, you have to be careful with that. I can smell the lawyers coming.
    If that was the case all these review sites of restraunts and other services like the bbb and Angie's list would exist. If company's want to screw. Over employees future employees have the right to know. Welcome to social media everything

Post Likes
    I guess there already is a website out there called glass door.com

Post Likes
    Strictly form a legal basis, I am sure an individual could get by with some of this as long as what is said is factual. That isn't going to stop an attorney from going after you if someone wants to pay them to.

I am more talking about the post referencing employers looking for information on employees. Here in Indiana I know that I am only legally allowed to give a written letter about the circumstances of why the former employee is no longer an employee directly to a prospective employer who requests it. Then that prospective employer has to provide a copy of to the prospective employee if they ask for it. And, I have to be REALLY careful about what is said in any such letter because if it's proven to be non-factual it's a minor crime. I am definitely not allowed to post on a website anything about it otherwise that is called blacklisting and is again a crime.

Like I said, I can smell the lawyers coming.

I lift things up and put them down.

Post Likes
    Look at the same sites that customers look at like angies list and the bbb. If there are a lot of customer complaints and issues there that's how they treat people that are paying them. It will tell you how they treat people that they have to pay.

Post Likes
    Young people...SMH.

Post Likes
    I guess there already is a website out there called glass door.com
    I just went out there and typed the name of my company in. Reviews where negative, obviously from disgruntled employees.

Still pretty hilarious, even though they didn't mention any names, I figured out every manager and office person they where complaining about almost instantly.

I'm kind of half tempted to write one "I don't know what the **** everybody else's problem is, I work here, and its fine."

Post Likes
    That's what Google and checking references and pre test are for.
    But a website for employers to list what employee's were like, plus the real reason they were left go, or the real reason they wee given the choice to quit or be fired. Would be quicker, and save time over doing reference checks. Lots of those reference checks don't tell you the real story.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike19 View Post
    I just went out there and typed the name of my company in. Reviews where negative, obviously from disgruntled employees.

Still pretty hilarious, even though they didn't mention any names, I figured out every manager and office person they where complaining about almost instantly.

I'm kind of half tempted to write one "I don't know what the **** everybody else's problem is, I work here, and its fine."
    yes, that doesn't stop the crappy guys that got fired from bad mouthing the company with things that are not true...

Post Likes
    Oh boy. Interesting idea but it could open a big ole can of worms.

Post Likes
    most of the time these guys got fired because they were talking **** about higher ups in the first place. and are space cadets too no doubt.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in