Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

is the Trane CleanEffects worth it?

I'm thinking about getting 2 XL20i units (with furnaces of course) & my contractor offered me 2 CleanEffects if I upgrade my hvac before month end October. Does anyone know if this hinders the efficiency of the system?
    Outside of cleaning the filters regularly, are there any downsides someone can mention and also what do you think of the system? Does someone reading here have one?

It's one of the best and doesn't bother the airflow much, but the maintenance is more than I would want to deal with.

If I were able to set up my filter system any way I wanted, and had bad allergies, I'd have two April Air 2210 filter systems side by side to do away with static problems, then install a clean effects after those. Talk about clean air.

But then someone would open an outside door and let all the pollutants back in.

Simple 4"+ thick media filters will do a lot and don't cost that much. I don't know why they aren't installed more often, saves the blower/coil when compared to 1" filters.

I agree. I install them on every job if there is room.

I've never had to clean a blower or coil on new systems I've installed using them- even if they get to 20 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by walterc View Post
    It's one of the best and doesn't bother the airflow much, but the maintenance is more than I would want to deal with.

If I were able to set up my filter system any way I wanted, and had bad allergies, I'd have two April Air 2210 filter systems side by side to do away with static problems, then install a clean effects after those. Talk about clean air.

But then someone would open an outside door and let all the pollutants back in.
    What kind of maintenance is involved? I was told that all you do is either vacuum or wash the filter & you're done. Of course, that means going up to the attic to do that as well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    moved thread to AOP
    Why was this moved to the AOP thread?

Quote Originally Posted by arthur13 View Post
    What kind of maintenance is involved? I was told that all you do is either vacuum or wash the filter & you're done. Of course, that means going up to the attic to do that as well for me.
    Not worth the money or maintenance and does have a significant pressure drop unlike as stated by advertisement, Use a 5 inch media and seal cabinet. I would wait for the new XV20I to be here in approximately 30 days.

Quote Originally Posted by second opinion View Post
    Not worth the money or maintenance and does have a significant pressure drop unlike as stated by advertisement, Use a 5 inch media and seal cabinet. I would wait for the new XV20I to be here in approximately 30 days.
    XV20i new a/c unit? How does this compare to the XL20i?

The clean effects has a .2 pressure drop across them .If you have it installed make sure your duct system is large enough .i would rather have a april air or a Trane perfect fit .
    We really need change now

Quote Originally Posted by arthur13 View Post
    XV20i new a/c unit? How does this compare to the XL20i?
    It is bringing back the variable speed compressor, if it is anything like the XV15 was, with improvements it will be awesome .

Quote Originally Posted by catmanacman View Post
    The clean effects has a .2 pressure drop across them .If you have it installed make sure your duct system is large enough .i would rather have a april air or a Trane perfect fit .
    A .2 pressure drop doesn't seem like much as second opininion is saying. I was told that the duct system will be replaced & sealed. What do I need to say to make sure this happens?

The clean effects is a great product that can be used to help customers that truly have bad allergies or want the cleanest air possiable.

Up keep is not that bad but would recommend keeping a service agreement with the company that installs them. Let them clean them for you. The other great thing about clean effects is after the upfront cost is that no filters need to be purchased. The clean effects prefilter and 5" collection filters along with charge plate can simply be cleaned when needed and reinstalled.

I have all ways had 5" media filters on systems in other homes. Untill I purchased my last home in which my wife and 4 year old have bad allergies. I decided to install and must say I have been very impressed with the clean air and less problems with allergies for them.

I would view it this way. 5" perfit fit as starting point and clean effects as deluxe. What you need to think about is what you are trying to solve by installing a high eff. Filter. If you or family only suffer from seasonal allergies then a 5" filter is all that is needed but if anyone has servere allergies/year long then IMP it's worth the extra cost.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast