pvc venting for 90+ furnace

pvc venting for 90+ furnace

I have a question about horizontal distance between exhaust and intake for termination on a 90+ variable speed two stage trane furnace. I didn't think there was a horizontal distance requirement just a vertical distance between the two unless you are venting up through a roof. Me and a co-worker argued this point and he said it should be 9 inches but couldn't prove it by looking through the furnace manual. Any one know the answer to this question any insite would be greatly appreciated.

yes there is a specific requirement, and if you have 2 units venting near each other it is even more specific.

are you a hvac contractor or ho?

matt

I am a hvac technician. I am running a double pipe termination and intake. what I want to know is there a horizontal requirment between the intake and the exhaust. I know the hight has to be a min. of 12 inhes away from each other but I talking about side by side measurements between the two pipes.

same distance, the book says 12", are you using a 90 deg. elbow on the combustion air turned down? some use small screens as well, hate to see a bird nest in the off season plug the line.

what size and did you calc all the 90's? what a bout using the concentric difuser, they are like 20 and are for horizontal as well as vertical. keep any snow isues in mind as well. american standard also makes a termination kit, did you look into that?

matt

The install instructions should cover all the vent termination requirements. Also, learn to say "direct vent" and "indirect vent".
    There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action....Mark Twain

yes I us a 90 turned down for combustion air. I am talking about the distance between the two pipes at the outside of the house horizontally not up and down but side to side. I know it is 12 inches from opening to opening. Thanks for the info thou we are getting to where I want to be.

In the manual it doesn't tell the distance side by side it just tells from opening to opening is a min. of 12. unless you are vent up through a roof it says the two pipes should be 9 inches apart side by side or center to center of each pipe.

where I'm at a local county code states exhaust and intake must be 6' apart at termination. Never been called on it though as not many are that far apart.

fire is offline Regular Member - Bad email
    Most furnaces can have problems if the vents are not close together ( within 12 inches.). The manual will specify. Read it again. The house diagram might be where the measurements are. Some furnaces now however alow you to put the intakr and exhaust in two different pressure zones. An example is two different sides od the house. If this is the case for your furnace it will state so and possibly not have the side to side measurement.. If all else fails call your distributor or manufacture tech line.