Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Your still going to suffer on the bad ankle. Condensers on the roof, putting up ladders, heavy lifting, all which will effect your ankle. Best of luck to you in finding a new market sector to work in. JMHO
    Your poor planning does not constitute an emergency on my part!!!!

thanks everyone for the info. hey troy2003 i need to get in touch with you. but how?

Hi G/A-sorry,Ive been stuck in Omaha for a week.ill update my profile with email on it-I put it in my response earlier but it got taken out

Thanks troy.

We are all over the south and A great co. to work for. Check out our site. Full factory training, just got back from Middleby training (wow oven) in Chichago.

www.whaleyfoodservice.com

ok guys im back. thanks for the response . but today i blew it big time with Twc service. I told them i wanted to learn commercial cooking equipment because im not comfertable climbing ladders anymore because of a bad ankle. and he said well we still have to climb because of the exust fans. i told him the truth and shot myself right out of the interview. now what?
    im still not giving up on this trade.

Quote Originally Posted by green_apprentice View Post
    ok guys im back. thanks for the response . but today i blew it big time with Twc service. I told them i wanted to learn commercial cooking equipment because im not comfertable climbing ladders anymore because of a bad ankle. and he said well we still have to climb because of the exust fans. i told him the truth and shot myself right out of the interview. now what?
    im still not giving up on this trade.
    Green,

I am co-owner of a Service Company that belongs to the CFESA trade organization. C.F.E.S.A. stands for Commercial Food Equipment Service Association. I also currently serve on the board of directors for CFESA. If you or anyone is looking to work in this field but don't know how to get started, go to the CFESA website or click this link. http://cfesa.com/states/USA.htm . Click on your state and it will list all of the CFESA companies in your state. Pick the closest one and give them a call. Or, go to http://cfesa.com/contact.htm Send an e-mail to anyone there at the headquarters and they will get you in touch with a company near you.

Most CFESA companies are looking for good high quality service techs. Many will train and most will cross-train. In other words, we find that HVAC/R and Home Appliance techs are pretty easy to cross train. So, guys in the HVAC/R definitely have a leg up when it comes to hiring. If you are of good character, willing to learn, willing to work, and have some HVAC/R experience, most CFESA companies will give you a shot.

Every job/career has its disadvantages. Here are some of the good things about working in Commercial Foodservice/Refrigeration repair.

Almost gauranteed to never be "laid off"
    Good salary and benefits packages.
    Always working on different types of equipment - always challenging/never boring.
    Training is available and is sometimes mandatory.
    Your job is transferable. In otherwords, if you are a good service tech/employee for a CFESA member company in Florida, and you need or want to move to another state, your boss can pick up the phone and get you a job anywhere in the U.S. within a day or two.
    We are all looking for good service techs.

P.S. Any of you HVAC/R guys looking for a change and live in Upstate (Syracuse, Binghamton, Elmira, Rochester, Buffalo, Jamestown) New York send me an e-mail at any time.

Last edited by jrbenny; 07-23-2007 at 05:51 PM. Reason: removed email address...put it in your profile. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by CFESA MASTER View Post
    We are all over the south and A great co. to work for. Check out our site. Full factory training, just got back from Middleby training (wow oven) in Chichago.

www.whaleyfoodservice.com
    I hope the techs are better in your area. Here they just hired a guy from another competitor, and he is good. They have a hard time letting people go.
    "Fighting Ignorance since 1973 (It’s taking longer than we thought)." The Straight Dope.

Quote Originally Posted by ckone180 View Post
    I hope the techs are better in your area. Here they just hired a guy from another competitor, and he is good. They have a hard time letting people go.

IM SORRY BUT i'M NOT SURE WHAT YOUR POST IS SAYING?

and every one of our techs in my branch including our service mgr and branch mgr are CFESA master techs in all four areas

and every one of our techs in my branch including our service mgr and branch mgr are CFESA master techs in all four areas
    I was just implying that the techs in our market for your company miss something to be desired. I am CFESA +1 and don't know ****!

LOL, giving you a hard time, is all. I have a good friend that joined Whaley in this market, he will be a true asset.
    "Fighting Ignorance since 1973 (It’s taking longer than we thought)." The Straight Dope.

I was just implying that the techs in our market for your company miss something to be desired. I am CFESA +1 and don't know ****!

LOL, giving you a hard time, is all. I have a good friend that joined Whaley in this market, he will be a true asset.

Quote Originally Posted by ckone180 View Post

since you like to make cracks on people you don't know just based on your feelings about some of the techs you seem to know personely, why not post where you live and work and I will see if I have every met one of your guys and then make a crack about your job.

PS- Whaley is the largest foodservice repair co in the southeast and is about to open there 15th branch, I guess some of us must know S***!

And if you don't know S*** ( your words ) why do you feel qualifed to post on a public blog your "low ratings" about other techs

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast