Thread: Equipments

Post Likes

Equipments

Why do we bash equipments???
    I work on all of them and i like some things in one and some thing else in other.
    All hvac equipments are ok as long as they are installed properly.

Post Likes
    It gives those who suffer from feelings of being less qualified as technicians a way to claim blame on others. Good technicians don't lay blame on products.
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes
    Sigmund Robo says its "Equipment Envy"
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

Post Likes

equipment

There are two types of residential HVAC contractors;

Those who sell and install Goodman products.

Those who lose jobs to those who sell and install Goodman products.

2007 HVAC-Talk CONVENTION; SIGN UP NOW!

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/forumdispla...aysprune=&f=29
    These are personal opinions of RoBoTeq and do not represent any company or organization.
    Chemical scents are bad for IAQ. If you smell that bad; wash!
    Thats a good question , My answer is because others on here use this forum for personal reasons of promoting the product they sell .
    My avatar is a picture of a Goodman Silencer .....These were commonly used in Goodman country ....Photos by hvac tech ( PaysonHVAC )

Post Likes
    as one who tried goodman when they were first available & the cabs
    were so lite & the units so noisy & being from the school that a leopard cant change his spots i have to say i was pleasantly surprised at the quality & performance of the few i have sold & installed in the last 2 years.
    just put 2 of the gpg15 units on a friends house & they are very quiet
    & doing an exceptional job. sized for 70 deg. @ 115 osa has been over 100 for the last week & the longest cycle according to my logger has been 12 min.
    i for one will not hesitate to sell more of their product

Post Likes
    They all suck to one degree or another, some models worse than others.
    Some that used suck, mainly because they didn't make 4 and 5 ton equipment that was useful in hot climates, have improved to around the same level of suck as the rest of them.

What really drags a brand down and makes it suck worse than others these days is distributors that suck. With all the consolidation of distributors in my area by big national outfits, most of the distributors suck just as much as the products they sell now too.

Post Likes
    Compressors are similar in most brands.so are motors, capacitors and contactors.
    Fan blades, blower wheels are similar as well.
    Please tell me why do u prefer one equipment on other.or bigger question would be why do u HATE some brands?

Post Likes
    I absolutely agree with Mark that if a brand's distributor sucks, that brand is going to be overall inferior in that market.
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by skyboy View Post
    Please tell me why do u prefer one equipment on other.
    Mostly because we are a very small contractor, and the only way for a small contractor to get anything even approaching decent pricing is to only sell one brand.

If you are going to only sell one brand, you need to pick a brand that has a very complete product line.
    That is a bit less of an issue now though, since some brands that previously didn't make any high end equipment have entered into that area in the last couple of years. One of those previously "low end" manufacturers, Nordyne, seems to have actually leapfrogged everybody with the IQ Drive system, lol.

There are specific requirements we have for our market that do make some brands generally better suited to the type of work we do.
    That is also becoming less of an issue now that pretty much every manufacturer is using ECM blowers and TEVs now.

Post Likes
    They may use the same components, but each manufacturer assembles their units with different designs, some are better than others. Likewise, workmanship varies from company to company.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bob hubbard View Post
    There are two types of residential HVAC contractors;

Those who sell and install Goodman products.

Those who lose jobs to those who sell and install Goodman products.

Everybody always acts like you can get Goodman equipment dirt cheap. I'm in that Ruud Top Contractor program & I can get their Zephyr series cheaper than I can get Goodman. Now I cant compete with some of the companies that are slapping in these systems sloppy but I can compete against a legit company that is using Goodman as their line.
    Life is like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in