House to clip Nancy Pelosci's wings

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) will not be permitted to use State Department funds to travel to nations that are known to have sponsored terrorism if a Republican amendment to appropriations legislation passes the House today. Let's hope they succeeded.
    http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/...007-06-21.html
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by glennac8 View Post
    House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) will not be permitted to use State Department funds to travel to nations that are known to have sponsored terrorism if a Republican amendment to appropriations legislation passes the House today. Let's hope they succeeded.
    http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/...007-06-21.html
    It would be nice to pass that--Don't hold your breath though.
    I can just hear the hand-wringers now saying we're trampling all over her first amendment rights.
    It's great to be alive and pumping oxygen!

Bush would not talk to some M E countries until Pelosi visited them. Now he is talking to them. So let's hope the proposed bill fails. You cannot hope to improve things if no one talks. So give her some credit.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    Bush would not talk to some M E countries until Pelosi visited them. Now he is talking to them. So let's hope the proposed bill fails. You cannot hope to improve things if no one talks. So give her some credit.
    What an odd view.
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Yeah, since Shrub's foreign policy has been a disaster, it was time to let the adults take over.

Rep. King's amendment is nothing more than a spoiled brat whining about political matters.

Typical Conservlican behavior. They are more concerned with fabricating political tempests than looking out for the best interests of the country.

Just in........King's titty-baby amendment was crushed this morning.

Even a majority of the Republicans voted against King's tantrum induced amendment.
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

Chapman Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by mrs reb77 View Post
    What an odd view.
    Do you follow the the news reports? If so you should remember just a few weeks ago Pelosi visited Iran and other M E countries and held talks with their representatives. This created much angst and turmoil on the right. Since then the administration has engaged the same countries in talks. Sooo !
    In 2001 Bush stated he would not get involved in the Palestinian problem.Now he is talking to Hamas, hoping to weaken Fatah.
    This forum is not the best source for news. IMHO

Do you follow the the news reports? If so you should remember just a few weeks ago Pelosi visited Iran and other M E countries and held talks with their representatives.
    Yeah, they love women over there. She'll show them...
    This created much angst and turmoil on the right. Since then the administration has engaged the same countries in talks. Sooo !
    In 2001 Bush stated he would not get involved in the Palestinian problem.Now he is talking to Hamas, hoping to weaken Fatah.
    what part of the "problem" did he say he would avoid? Was that not when the infamous terrorist Arafat was still nibbling on cheese and running the maze?
    This forum is not the best source for news. IMHO
    this just in...
    Last edited by The Doctor; 06-23-2007 at 09:14 AM.
    It's great to be alive and pumping oxygen!

Do you follow the the news reports? If so you should remember just a few weeks ago Pelosi visited Iran and other M E countries and held talks with their representatives. .........

Yeah and here is a picture of Pelosi while in Iran visiting her friends.

"I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Thats Hot (Pic)

Okey just late at night after a cpl, of them (12pk)

Maybe we should cut every (gov) one going over-sea's...I mean were know all over Africa

Uhm - who are best friends in the gulf? Dicky should be banned from going over there as well (oh wait he "VP" is not part of the goverment) he has has his (ALBurton gov) own -

How about cuba next? (opps) forgot we allready playing the "hate" game with them

Grow up King -Grown MEN and Women - talk before (well some do) we Drop Bombs (not counting current gov - of course, not much longer

So, just asking here. Do y'all think the Supreme Court Justices should go on diplomatic/negotiating trips to ME countries?
    The branch of government one is in dictates the appropriateness of such act. Pelosi is NOT in the appropriate branch to be making such trips.
    Bush and company didn't go because she went first--get a clue people. No, this is in no way a first or even good source of news. But, I don't consider the evening news to be the best either!

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The point is, there are discussions being held. Someone has to start the dialog.
    Conditions change and the leaders have to calibrate programs and plans.
    For example, the Military is currently is arming and cooperating with Sunnis that in all probability have killed our troopers. This is being done to combat increased Shiite violence. They are now talking!
    Regarding Pelosi's trip to the M E. She was preceded weeks earlier by Republican Congressmen holding their own discussions. These political junkets have been a part of our elected reps for many years. So nothing new there.
    I personally believe we have some who cannot handle the fact that a WOMAN
    is currently in a leadership position that has traditionally been held by males.