Thread: cookin trout

Hmm cookin trout

Daughter-in-law brought over some trout.
    Anybody have any good receipes for cooking these
    I like my sunnies deep fried but I understand that trout are
    a whole new ball game when it comes to cooking

Pecan Crusted Trout Fillets with Creole Mineare Sauce

Flour Trout fillets or shrimp

Pecans

Eggs

Milk

Tony Chachere’s (or other Cajun seasoning of choice)

Take flour and pecans (approx. 2-1 ratio), food process and add some seasoning. Prepare an egg and milk mixture. Take seafood and, 1) sprinkle with Tony’s, 2) dredge in plain flour, 3) dip back in egg mixture, and finally coat with pecan flour.

Heat sauté pan with ¼ inch of olive oil, pan fry for few minutes on each side until golden brown.

Creole Mineare Sauce

An awesome tangy side sauce for dipping

3 or 4 Large Lemons

Approx. ¾ Cup. Worchestire Sauce

2 Bay Leaves

Approx. ½ Cup. butter pieces

Approx. ½ Cup. Heavy Cream

Take lemons and peel heavy pith off and quarter. Place in saucepan with worchestire and bay leaves. Simmer and reduce. Strain, then add butter pieces and melt. Add cream and bring to light boil to thicken. Serve.

That taste good on a truck bumper

put the whole thing minus head and tail in foil, split it down the middle with knife and pour lemon and butter on it and close it back up in the foil and bake in the oven, like 20 minutes at 220. when the skin will stay and you can peel of the meat its done. just did it this weekend, I caught nothing my daughter caught a 14" out of the creek. they wanted to keep it as a pet. It was dinner that night.

matt

Deep fried is my favorite way at home. If I'm cooking in the mountains, tin foil wrapped with lemon wedges, salt, pepper, butter, and bacon.

mmmmmmmmmmm........ grill em!!!!

Trout is one of those fish I don't like. Actually I don't like any fresh water fish.
    But a guy gave me a mess of them. I ground them up and made croquettes out of them. I just mixed them with flour, egg, old bay and then deep fried them. Everyone like them. My opinion was so-so.

I just love fried Trout. I will fillet it and dredge it through corn meal mixed with a quality cajun seasoning. I then will fry it in a pan with either veggie or olive oil.

Im with mstrav on that one on that one.

made croquettes ?

You would get beat up in Atlanta.
    Luke 6:31

I like to fish for trout, but I cant stand to eat it. Less it's little brookies caught fresh at daylight and cooked for breakfast. MMmmmmmmmmm
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Quote Originally Posted by spotts View Post
    I like to fish for trout, but I cant stand to eat it. Less it's little brookies caught fresh at daylight and cooked for breakfast. MMmmmmmmmmm
    I agree!

But the only way to cook a fresh trout (perferable a brown) is to cook them on the grill, Gut em, loose the head and tail, scale them, wrap in foil, put a piece of bacon in the middle, with butter, garlic salt, garlic, onions, salt and pepper.

When its done the foil will pull the skin off, leaving just the meat. Take a fork an peal the meat back towards the skin. That will remove the meat from the bone.
    "Correct Installation is the Key"

.1 has killed more HX then Rush Limbaugh

What is your TESP?