Trane BACnet andVoyager controls

Is Trane making a BACnet interface for the older Voyager controls?
    "Controls is a lifestyle not a job" -klrogers

Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    very soon it is you that will be pwned

joey, just to clarify..... there is not true interface to the old Voyagers? The only option is to use a UC-400? I am looking to interface directly with the unit to pick up status for damper pos., heating call, cooling call, supply and return air temps etc. If the only option is to add a UC-400 I have many other options that are probably more economical and definitely easier to acquire. I would have to give my first born and a few pints of blood to acquire a UC-400 around here.

Dapper, that document I'm talking about is from last November and that's what it says that you use a UC-400, but Trane hasn't issued an updated document since so I don't know if its in the works or vaporware.
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    very soon it is you that will be pwned

By older, are you referring to the UCP controls? The BCI-R will work with the Voyager/Precedent units utilizing Reliatel controls, however the RTRM board has to be at or above v8 or something like that. To my knowledge there is no BCI being developed for anything older than the Reliatel generation (which started in 99-00 time frame maybe). The new Trane legacy bridge is in development to bring older legacy products into the SC, so there probably isn't any reason for them to focus on a unit specific interface.

Thanks guys for the comments. My understanding is these RTUs are 1998 vintage. They currently have a Tracer100 with Comm3 cards. The job spec calls for monitoring of many statuses on the RTU that I'm sure are not available through an interface. I bid with a standalone controller to monitor the statuses and replace the control function of the Tracer 100.