obsolete carrier split

Is here anyone out there that knows where I can find schematics for a
    38ad240620. This is an old split that the Carrier web site dosen't recognize. Downtown Chicago high rise elevator machine room cooling. 22 years old. just replaced compressor. 20 ton carlysle 06e. The shop that was in there before us had 110 lbs of 22 in this beast and slugged the pump. On start up I found a couple of issues besides the overcharge. One bad txv and a bad low pressure switch. Going back there tomorrow with the parts and would really like to have a schematic to see what is supposed to go on with this thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by schomaker9253 View Post
    Is here anyone out there that knows where I can find schematics for a
    38ad240620. This is an old split that the Carrier web site dosen't recognize. Downtown Chicago high rise elevator machine room cooling. 22 years old. just replaced compressor. 20 ton carlysle 06e. The shop that was in there before us had 110 lbs of 22 in this beast and slugged the pump. On start up I found a couple of issues besides the overcharge. One bad txv and a bad low pressure switch. Going back there tomorrow with the parts and would really like to have a schematic to see what is supposed to go on with this thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    did you try hvacpartners.com ??
    you may have to register if not already..but its pretty good

Scho,

Email me (my email address is in my profile) and I'll email you the service manuals.

Try these links

http://www.docs.hvacpartners.com/idc...it/38ad-5p.pdf

http://www.docs.hvacpartners.com/idc...it/38ad-4w.pdf

Hope these help

By the way these are not obsolete, still lots of them around, good strong unit.

Kevin
    "Profit is not the legitimate purpose of business. The legitimate purpose of business is to provide a product or service that people need and do it so well that it's profitable."

James Rouse

Old Carrier 38AD Love um !!!

Serviced many of these old bad boys - once all the normal mechanical problems are repaired, if you have the money and time, upgrade to electric unloading with non-recycle pumpdown and it will last to you retire.

clgman,
    Non recycle pumpdown? What is that. Have never heard of it.
    I put a mechanical unloader on the new pump, but with the txv on the first stage coil starving, and a 95* load in the space, I couldn't get the compressor to load up for any length of time. That is a very strong unit. They don't make 'em like that any more.

clgman,
    Non recycle pumpdown? What is that. Have never heard of it.
    I put a mechanical unloader on the new pump, but with the txv on the first stage coil starving, and a 95* load in the space, I couldn't get the compressor to load up for any length of time. That is a very strong unit. They don't make 'em like that any more.
    Djken That is just what the dr. ordered

Obsolete Carrier Spilt

Schomaker 9253

Non recycle pump down is a control circiut modification that allows the unit to pump down and cycle off on the low pressure control after the thermostat is satisfied, and will not restart until an additional call for cooling is realized. The system does need to have a liquid line solenoid, and accessory relay, etc., to accomplish the wiring modification.