ideas please to trap the sound

Ok got a good one for you all: I have a music warehouse where several bands play in different rooms. The owner wants to condition all the rooms and meet the city requirements for ventilation. He does not want to use Ptacs in the place due to cost. The big problem is he does not want there to be any sound between the rooms thru the air ducts. He has several inside rooms in a warehouse about 15x15 in size not far from each other, sound proof walls.
    I wanted to put a rooftop unit to provide air into each room but the sound is going to resonate thru the duct system into the other rooms. Does anybody have a suggestion that I could do to solve this, have to have ventilation in each room due to occupancy of the room.

This won't be popular among some members but ductboard trunks with a few turns and flexible branch runs would absorb a lot of vibration.
    A second option is mini splits with a separate ventilation system.

Re. PTACs - I would expect them to be less expensive than either of my suggestions, but much noisier.

No choice it’s going to cost $

Mini splits capable of bringing in outside air

Quote Originally Posted by kdean1 View Post
    This won't be popular among some members but ductboard trunks with a few turns and flexible branch runs would absorb a lot of vibration.
    A second option is mini splits with a separate ventilation system.

Re. PTACs - I would expect them to be less expensive than either of my suggestions, but much noisier.

This is correct, acoustically line duct in a Z layout as you enter the rooms. (Z boot) this would be the same for returns open plenum or not. you can get the same effect with flex the bends is what is needed. This will help a lot, Also mention that the doors should be sealed. I find more noise comes from the space around the door than anything else

Mitsubishi multi city or daiken

One condensor ,mutupule boxes,fresh air available

Don't think I have ever seen a z layout or a z boot and what is acoustically lined

Quote Originally Posted by mikeacman View Post
    Mitsubishi multi city or daiken

One condensor ,mutupule boxes,fresh air available
    Best option if his real concern is noise. You can get noise reduction with duct schemes but if the rooms share a common air supply you will not eliminate noise transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by zuke19 View Post
    Don't think I have ever seen a z layout or a z boot and what is acoustically lined
    basically, its a lined duct shaped like a Z. the more turns you have its harder for sound to travel. You dont need the whole duct like this, just enough as you enter a room. You can get the same results using flex but, more static issues and sometimes flex moves. you also, can use a z boot and then a flew collier to break the metal. But i have used duct board for this and it worked fine.

tell him to put ear plugs in..