Indoor Pool Ventilation

We will be putting in an inground pool within the next year and are considering constructing a building around the pool to make it a completely indoor pool. In planning the project, I would like to make sure that the building will be properly ventilated to ensure the comfort of the swimmers and to avoid a build up of condensation. The pool will be a 14 x 28 foot pool, the building is proposed to be approximately 22 x 38. I'd like to avoid installing an air conditioner by simply installing a whole house fan. Any thoughts on whether this will work?
    Thanks

Need more info. All year useage? Size of building. How much glass to walls. Pool only or plus spa or saunna. Your location I.E outdoor design condtions.

As fire mentioned, the PRO's will need more info for a professional answer. I can tell you my story from experience. My in-laws have an outdoor pool, very similar in size to your own. Year before last we had a steel building built around the pool and the deck area.
    Orignially we had only natural ventilation from an electric opening roof, from opening large rolling doors and a whole house belt driven fan on one end of the building.
    The humidity from the pool and the sun hitting the building created horrible, unbearable conditions. We are in Colorado and temps drop into the 50's at night, even in Mid-August. The daytime temps inside the building were still just unreal. We ended up adding a PTAC late last summer and I can tell you the pool is a much more popular place to be.
    Generally when unoccupied we leave the A/C running at about 80 degrees. When the pool is occupied we open all of the doors, the electric roof panels and turn on the belt driven fan. Just keeping the temps down in the day when the pool is not in use really helps. There was just no way the fan alone could pull all of that heat and humidity out, even in a dry climate. We opted for alot of skylights, which I am sure add to the heat load, but who wants to swim in the dark on a nice summer day?

Quote Originally Posted by brettlosey View Post
    We will be putting in an inground pool within the next year and are considering constructing a building around the pool to make it a completely indoor pool. In planning the project, I would like to make sure that the building will be properly ventilated to ensure the comfort of the swimmers and to avoid a build up of condensation. The pool will be a 14 x 28 foot pool, the building is proposed to be approximately 22 x 38. I'd like to avoid installing an air conditioner by simply installing a whole house fan. Any thoughts on whether this will work?
    Thanks
    To do this properly you need an engineer/contractor with design experiance period. In most climates the humidity will be unbearable with no mechanical cooling. Simply installing an AC unit might lower surface temperatures inside enought to make it rain or over cool the space making it uncomfortable. There are numerous critical considerations that are best left to professinals.

If your question is can I have a comfortable indoor pool cheaply then the answer is no.
    “Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily available, they will create their own." Scott Adams

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
    Albert Einstein

The question was can a whole house fan ventilate an outdoor pool room. The answer is no.

You need a swimming pool dehumidifier. The pool chemicals will eat up a residential AC and it will not fix all of your problems anyway. Get a pro to design the system for you. They are not cheap but will do the job. If you do it wrong, corrosion will eat everything metal in your pool building. Plus you may get mold and rot.

Or just leave it as an outdoor pool.
    Remember, Air Conditioning begins with AIR.

Fans can work, but you need to live in a warm climate to get away with it. The need to dehumidify the pool enclosure is year-round... In most climates, you're not going to be running that fan in the wintertime, but the moisture still needs to be removed. Fully agree on the need for a system designed to handle the chemicals -- I've seen what happens when people don't do this and it's not pretty nor cheap.