+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Keeprite condensers leaks

Post Likes

Keeprite condensers leaks

We have been having a problem with some baldor motors breaking there welded brackets and thus sending the fan blade through the condenser. I believe is has happened four times in the past year all on different condensers at different locations and all resulting in about a 1000lb recharge, last one was 1600#. Almost seems like the rivets are going bad on the blades throwing off the balance but when we check the other motors the blades seem fine. Has anyone seen similar issues or has anyone ever mounted a bracket underneath to try and stop the blade before it hits the coil?

Post Likes
    Do they break at the weld to motor body or the actual mount plate? Look for missing weights on blades possible balance issues.

Post Likes
    Might try aircraft cable to quickly make a safety cable to prevent severe damage.

Post Likes
    I had a similar problem on one store. I *think* they were Keeprite condensers...

We only caught them due to the amount of noise being made. Manager called in an emergency before it broke loose and caused trouble.

Replaced motor, bracket and blades. No problems since.

Post Likes

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by mk#1in03 View Post
    We have been having a problem with some baldor motors breaking there welded brackets and thus sending the fan blade through the condenser. I believe is has happened four times in the past year all on different condensers at different locations and all resulting in about a 1000lb recharge, last one was 1600#. Almost seems like the rivets are going bad on the blades throwing off the balance but when we check the other motors the blades seem fine. Has anyone seen similar issues or has anyone ever mounted a bracket underneath to try and stop the blade before it hits the coil?

have seen exactly what you had[probably 15 or 20], its allways a good idea to inspect the fan blades on the keeprite condensers, look for hairline cracks in the aluminum by the rivets. should be done regularly. its also a good idea to replace the blade with a motor change as if any slight bend in the aluminum blade may come to haunt you, they are not that bad in cost.

i dont think they are using the Baldor motors now but have moved to Marathon, not for the above reason but for many electrical winding failures in the baldors.

I have seen flat steel drilled out aqnd bent to mount with motor tab mounts and form a basket under the motor, think it was a custom job, looks like it wouldhelp

Mike
    Sig removed by mod. G-Rated site

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in