Salad dressings.

Even carnivores need to add variety to their diets. Here's a vinaigrette I found that has become our family's favorite.

1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar
    2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
    2 tablespoons honey
    1 clove of garlic, minced
    cracked pepper to taste
    1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil

Whisk the 1st 5 ingredients until smooth, and then beat in the oil last. I have found that the honey knocks the vinegar bite down a little, and kind of use this a start. Feel free to experiment, but this is great stuff.
    There is a cure for stupidity- you just have to convince twelve peers that it was justifiable.

Thanks...that looks good. I love balsamic vinegar

That do sound good. I'll have to pick up some white balsalmic vinegar. I didn't know there was such a thing.
    Luke 6:31

We have salades everynight for supper. I'll try that. Now that my herbs are coming in I try to get some into the dressing. A little fresh dill would work great with that recipe.

Quote Originally Posted by lodiroon View Post
    Even carnivores need to add variety to their diets. Here's a vinaigrette I found that has become our family's favorite.

1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar
    2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
    2 tablespoons honey
    1 clove of garlic, minced
    cracked pepper to taste
    1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil

Whisk the 1st 5 ingredients until smooth, and then beat in the oil last. I have found that the honey knocks the vinegar bite down a little, and kind of use this a start. Feel free to experiment, but this is great stuff.
    I use red wine vinegar and fresh herbs but the rest is the same it is great stuff.
    “Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily available, they will create their own." Scott Adams

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
    Albert Einstein

Did you ever read the back label on salad dressings you buy in the store. There are so many chemicals in there you would think they are made by DuPont instead of Kraft.

It is so easy to make fresh salad dressings(and cheaper). The two main ingredients are oil and vinegar. Then you just have to use your imagination.

Last night I made a good one with dijon mustard, real maple syrup, mayonaise(the oil) and wine vinegar.

With this concept and a shaker bottle/jar you can be the salad chef everynight.

I eyeball this so you'll have to adjust it I am sure.

1 Med tomato seeded but a few seeds is o.k.
    1 Slice of a med onion 1/8" thick
    3 Table spoons of dried tomatoes in oil (add oil too)
    1 Small garlic clove
    1.5 Table spoons of red wine vinegar
    3 table spoons of good olive oil
    salt and pepper to taste
    optional: 15 capers

Rough cut the tomato to fit in a food processor with everyting else.
    Blend till smooth. I like it with a bite so I usually add more vinegar as an adjustment. Occasionally I add 1 table spoon of water (to this and many other recipies) if it seems like it is not comming together right.
    “Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily available, they will create their own." Scott Adams

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
    Albert Einstein