whole house dehumidification - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I like the Honeywell dehumidifiers best.

Quote Originally Posted by TnNate1412 View Post
    I like the Honeywell dehumidifiers best.
    How do you use them and what size on what size building? Fresh air ventilation? Did you ever try the Ultra-Aire or other brands?
    regards TB
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"

Do it for a matter of health for you and your home. Moisture will find dry air pretty quick and if you have a normal home the heat rises and cool air falls to the basement. The air coming out is slightly warm and is great in the lower level and will warm up and expand the cool air and change the relative humidity quick. Connecting to lower duct work works well or connect to all ducts if needed due to house duct designs. Adding to the main duct will add a little heat upstairs so we try to keep the dry warm air near the cool damp area. But the bottom line is that they are worth the expense .

So reading that,I have to ask... what about just running it as-is in the basement, with a fresh air duct to outside? Pull from one end of the basement and supply to the other. That would be too easy.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123