Which thermostat ? Dual compressors

I am currently using a Carrier/Totaline P3741900.

This installation has individual Amana non-heatpump compressors, and the second compressor never starts. It is in Houston, so it gets hot enough. The debris and spiderwebs confirm it does not come on. There is a separate toggle switch in a wall plate for selecting the primary compressor, and this allows me to confirm either unit will work.

Totaline will not confirm if this thermostat is correct, so I'm looking for a replacement for the Totaline unit.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

2 outdoor units on 1 thermostat and duct system? Am I getting this correctly? If so we call that twinning.

That stat is fine for staging equipment. You better have someone good go over the wiring and see what's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    2 outdoor units on 1 thermostat and duct system? Am I getting this correctly? If so we call that twinning.

That stat is fine for staging equipment. You better have someone good go over the wiring and see what's going on.
    Is there an example of a twinning wiring diagram on the web? I'm not opposed to calling for help, but it has been a bit of a problem.

The system is relatively new, less than three years old. When we purchased the house, we had great difficulty getting the unit inspected. As I described the system, no HVAC company would come and check the unit. Would you know of a Houston based company familiar with twinning?

3 guys come to mind, look for their posts on here or use the search feature.

classical

mrbillpro

jasonhoustontx

classical, mrbillpro, OR jasonhoustontx

Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    3 guys come to mind, look for their posts on here or use the search feature.

classical

mrbillpro

jasonhoustontx
    classical, mrbillpro, OR jasonhoustontx, let me know if anyone can help.

Thanks

yes a twined furnace with 2 outdoor units can run of one t-stat. Not sure of the brands you are mentioning but it can be done. i have done old lennox pulse, old york and newer york with the johnson controls module. you get 2 stage heat and 2 cooling if you have 2 outside units and 2 coils. The indoor blower motors both come on with any call though.

good luck, and you need to call someone out to verify operation, this is not a homeowner repair

matt

If you call my number available on my website I can probably help you out.

Al