Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warranty / Goodman 10Yr & Lifetime

Post Likes

Warranty / Goodman 10Yr & Lifetime

Noticed Goodman has 10Yr warranty on 13SEER AC & Lifetime scroll compressor warranty on 14SEER & up AC. This sounds great for a manufacturer that I thought was on the low end price wise. What's up? This seems high for the industry. Are they in financial trouble?
    Thanks.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vrocrider View Post
    Noticed Goodman has 10Yr warranty on 13SEER AC & Lifetime scroll compressor warranty on 14SEER & up AC. This sounds great for a manufacturer that I thought was on the low end price wise. What's up? This seems high for the industry. Are they in financial trouble?
    Thanks.
    Price means squat. Goodman is vastly improved over the years. The lifetime warranty is high for the industry, many others offer the 10 yr.

Financial trouble? A company in financial trouble wouldn't be lengthening their warranties. Goodman now owns Amana also.
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

Post Likes
    We just picked up the line and so far so good. I went for a walkthrough earlier today and man that 14 seer unit was really quiet outside. I'm happy so far and with the warranty how can you complain. I did notice the quality wasn't exactly where I am used to seeing the Trane units (fit/finish) but with what the units cost I am not complaining.
    We only want to do it, if we can do it right.

Post Likes
    Some of the cheapest cars have had longer warranties than the super expensive ones.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    Some of the cheapest cars have had longer warranties than the super expensive ones.
    Do you think they do that to get more sales,or because they are better cars???lol!

Post Likes
    Check out the warrantees on the upped end stuff for ICP (Heil, Tempstar, Comfortmaker and Arcoaire) and York. Nordyne's warranty is one of, if not the best, there is on their IQ system.

Post Likes

Goodman heat pump warranties

The 14 SEER Goodman units that use R-22 (the GS line) have a 10 year compressor and coil warrranty. The R410A models (the SS line) have a lifetime compressor warranty to the original owner.

My 14 SEER Goodman heat pump that I bought from a wholesaler and will be paying a pro to install 6/18 week has a Copeland scroll compressor and a field-installed TXV external to the air handler (the TXV was a few extra bucks but well worth it in my opinion). I chose not to use a variable speed fan in the air handler as I went with the good ole reliable multi-speed fan.

Post Likes
    Thanks.
    If there are 50 brands higher priced than Goodman, then there are 25 brands lower in price than Goodman. Goodman's product has raised the bar in warranty. And, replacement parts availability.

The primary reason for not installing Goodman was preception/image. At one time we were Heil dealers. Heil's warranty replacement parts were not readily available. We dropped that line.

Post Likes
    Thanks.
    These warranties apply only if:
    1) The unit is installed in an owner-occupied, single family
    residence, and
    2) For lifetime warranty coverage on the compressor, the unit is
    installed with a new indoor coil or air handler to which it is
    properly matched by the installer, and
    3) The unit is properly registered with Goodman online within 60
    days after the original installation. To register, follow the
    instructions found at www.goodmanmfg.com.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gary_g View Post
    The 14 SEER Goodman units that use R-22 (the GS line) have a 10 year compressor and coil warrranty. The R410A models (the SS line) have a lifetime compressor warranty to the original owner.

My 14 SEER Goodman heat pump that I bought from a wholesaler and will be paying a pro to install 6/18 week has a Copeland scroll compressor and a field-installed TXV external to the air handler (the TXV was a few extra bucks but well worth it in my opinion). I chose not to use a variable speed fan in the air handler as I went with the good ole reliable multi-speed fan.
    Where in Baltimore did you buy the equipment from a wholesaler?
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabarco View Post
    These warranties apply only if:
    1) The unit is installed in an owner-occupied, single family
    residence, and
    2) For lifetime warranty coverage on the compressor, the unit is
    installed with a new indoor coil or air handler to which it is
    properly matched by the installer, and
    3) The unit is properly registered with Goodman online within 60
    days after the original installation. To register, follow the
    instructions found at www.goodmanmfg.com.
    As equipment keeps getting more complicated and has less tolerances due to higher efficiency engineering, manufacturers need to have more control over all aspects of the installation and mantenance. I would not be surprised to see Lennox's concept of owning dealers come back into play with more of the manufacturer's in the next decade.
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Where in Baltimore did you buy the equipment from a wholesaler?

He probably bought it from an Internet seller. Can't sling a dead cat without hitting one.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mchild View Post
    He probably bought it from an Internet seller. Can't sling a dead cat without hitting one.
    Why do you sling dead cats?
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    I bought my unit from DESCO which is over the Maryland state line in York, PA. They are an A-Plus dealer on Goodman's website. I had to pick up the unit in my Honda Civic hatchback (just kidding). I paid no sales tax since I am in MD. I did not buy from an internet seller since Goodman does not warrant their products purchased thru an internet seller. I don't sling dead cats (at least I don't when I'm sober).

Post Likes
    Why do you sling dead cats?
    Easier than slinging dead cows!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gary_g View Post
    I bought my unit from DESCO which is over the Maryland state line in York, PA. They are an A-Plus dealer on Goodman's website. I had to pick up the unit in my Honda Civic hatchback (just kidding). I paid no sales tax since I am in MD. I did not buy from an internet seller since Goodman does not warrant their products purchased thru an internet seller. I don't sling dead cats (at least I don't when I'm sober).
    You bought from a contractor, not a wholesaler. You did not pay wholesale price. Contractors can state whatever they want to about themselves. If a contractor wants to claim they are a wholesaler in order to make a few bucks off of selling equipment, that is there business. Contractors buy from wholesalers and sell retail. You may or may not have got a better deal then you would have from a local contractor, but you did not buy from a wholesaler.
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    Easier than slinging dead cows!!
    How do you know this? Some women I have tried to pick up were pretty lifeless, but I am pretty sure I never tried picking up a dead cow. Then again, I have awoke cuddled up to a few live ones
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    How do you know this? Some women I have tried to pick up were pretty lifeless, but I am pretty sure I never tried picking up a dead cow. Then again, I have awoke cuddled up to a few live ones
    Farm life !! I'm sure we have all awaken next to something or someone we wished that we hadn't. The pain of learning what NOT to do.

Post Likes
    As equipment keeps getting more complicated and has less tolerances due to higher efficiency engineering, manufacturers need to have more control over all aspects of the installation and mantenance. I would not be surprised to see Lennox's concept of owning dealers come back into play with more of the manufacturer's in the next decade.

Thomas E. Bettcher President and CEO of Copeland Corporation, the world's largest compressor research, development and manufacture appeared in front of a United States Capital Hill Hearing and testified under oath:

"As a manufacturer, I have concern for my company and our future in this environment of decline among new technicians. While sales are exceeding expectations as the economy continues to grow, we lack the supply of workers that are capable of installing and servicing this equipment. If this decline continues, there will not be enough workers left to install and maintain our products, which in turn will have a negative impact on sales. Along with this economic boom, there is a boom in building. New offices and retail spaces (in addition to new homes) are being constructed all around us, but there are not enough workers in many of the skilled trades to maintain all of our buildings, new and old. The number one problem of our contractors today is the inability to hire new technicians. Another glaring problem facing our industry is product "takeback," the return of products to the manufacturer. The number one cause of product takeback is the incompetence of technicians during installation leading to the return and replacement of units, even when there is absolutely nothing wrong with the product. This unnecessary replacement of good machinery drives up warranty costs and hurts our reputation, all because the installer does not have enough training to install the system properly in the first place".

Heck, I already knew that!
    Jabs

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabarco View Post
    Thomas E. Bettcher President and CEO of Copeland Corporation, the world's largest compressor research, development and manufacture appeared in front of a United States Capital Hill Hearing and testified under oath:

"As a manufacturer, I have concern for my company and our future in this environment of decline among new technicians. While sales are exceeding expectations as the economy continues to grow, we lack the supply of workers that are capable of installing and servicing this equipment. If this decline continues, there will not be enough workers left to install and maintain our products, which in turn will have a negative impact on sales. Along with this economic boom, there is a boom in building. New offices and retail spaces (in addition to new homes) are being constructed all around us, but there are not enough workers in many of the skilled trades to maintain all of our buildings, new and old. The number one problem of our contractors today is the inability to hire new technicians. Another glaring problem facing our industry is product "takeback," the return of products to the manufacturer. The number one cause of product takeback is the incompetence of technicians during installation leading to the return and replacement of units, even when there is absolutely nothing wrong with the product. This unnecessary replacement of good machinery drives up warranty costs and hurts our reputation, all because the installer does not have enough training to install the system properly in the first place".

Heck, I already knew that!
    Jabs
    So you think you are going to earn some kind of brownie points here by quoting one man with an agenda's position to support your disdain for the industry that every professional on this site works very hard to better?

Time for HVAC professional bashers to start your own site
    Training is important!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in