Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 29
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    72

    Warranty / Goodman 10Yr & Lifetime

    Noticed Goodman has 10Yr warranty on 13SEER AC & Lifetime scroll compressor warranty on 14SEER & up AC. This sounds great for a manufacturer that I thought was on the low end price wise. What's up? This seems high for the industry. Are they in financial trouble?
    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    9,548
    Quote Originally Posted by vrocrider View Post
    Noticed Goodman has 10Yr warranty on 13SEER AC & Lifetime scroll compressor warranty on 14SEER & up AC. This sounds great for a manufacturer that I thought was on the low end price wise. What's up? This seems high for the industry. Are they in financial trouble?
    Thanks.
    Price means squat. Goodman is vastly improved over the years. The lifetime warranty is high for the industry, many others offer the 10 yr.

    Financial trouble? A company in financial trouble wouldn't be lengthening their warranties. Goodman now owns Amana also.
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Chelmsford MA
    Posts
    1,518
    We just picked up the line and so far so good. I went for a walkthrough earlier today and man that 14 seer unit was really quiet outside. I'm happy so far and with the warranty how can you complain. I did notice the quality wasn't exactly where I am used to seeing the Trane units (fit/finish) but with what the units cost I am not complaining.
    We only want to do it, if we can do it right.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Posts
    33,389
    Some of the cheapest cars have had longer warranties than the super expensive ones.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Posts
    18,836
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    Some of the cheapest cars have had longer warranties than the super expensive ones.
    Do you think they do that to get more sales,or because they are better cars???lol!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,253
    Check out the warrantees on the upped end stuff for ICP (Heil, Tempstar, Comfortmaker and Arcoaire) and York. Nordyne's warranty is one of, if not the best, there is on their IQ system.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Twilight Zone
    Posts
    2,964

    Goodman heat pump warranties

    The 14 SEER Goodman units that use R-22 (the GS line) have a 10 year compressor and coil warrranty. The R410A models (the SS line) have a lifetime compressor warranty to the original owner.

    My 14 SEER Goodman heat pump that I bought from a wholesaler and will be paying a pro to install 6/18 week has a Copeland scroll compressor and a field-installed TXV external to the air handler (the TXV was a few extra bucks but well worth it in my opinion). I chose not to use a variable speed fan in the air handler as I went with the good ole reliable multi-speed fan.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by vrocrider View Post
    Noticed Goodman has 10Yr warranty on 13SEER AC & Lifetime scroll compressor warranty on 14SEER & up AC. This sounds great for a manufacturer that I thought was on the low end price wise. What's up? This seems high for the industry. Are they in financial trouble?
    Thanks.
    If there are 50 brands higher priced than Goodman, then there are 25 brands lower in price than Goodman. Goodman's product has raised the bar in warranty. And, replacement parts availability.

    The primary reason for not installing Goodman was preception/image. At one time we were Heil dealers. Heil's warranty replacement parts were not readily available. We dropped that line.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    669
    Quote Originally Posted by vrocrider View Post
    Noticed Goodman has 10Yr warranty on 13SEER AC & Lifetime scroll compressor warranty on 14SEER & up AC. This sounds great for a manufacturer that I thought was on the low end price wise. What's up? This seems high for the industry. Are they in financial trouble?
    Thanks.
    These warranties apply only if:
    1) The unit is installed in an owner-occupied, single family
    residence, and
    2) For lifetime warranty coverage on the compressor, the unit is
    installed with a new indoor coil or air handler to which it is
    properly matched by the installer, and
    3) The unit is properly registered with Goodman online within 60
    days after the original installation. To register, follow the
    instructions found at www.goodmanmfg.com.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,852
    Quote Originally Posted by gary_g View Post
    The 14 SEER Goodman units that use R-22 (the GS line) have a 10 year compressor and coil warrranty. The R410A models (the SS line) have a lifetime compressor warranty to the original owner.

    My 14 SEER Goodman heat pump that I bought from a wholesaler and will be paying a pro to install 6/18 week has a Copeland scroll compressor and a field-installed TXV external to the air handler (the TXV was a few extra bucks but well worth it in my opinion). I chose not to use a variable speed fan in the air handler as I went with the good ole reliable multi-speed fan.
    Where in Baltimore did you buy the equipment from a wholesaler?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabarco View Post
    These warranties apply only if:
    1) The unit is installed in an owner-occupied, single family
    residence, and
    2) For lifetime warranty coverage on the compressor, the unit is
    installed with a new indoor coil or air handler to which it is
    properly matched by the installer, and
    3) The unit is properly registered with Goodman online within 60
    days after the original installation. To register, follow the
    instructions found at www.goodmanmfg.com.
    As equipment keeps getting more complicated and has less tolerances due to higher efficiency engineering, manufacturers need to have more control over all aspects of the installation and mantenance. I would not be surprised to see Lennox's concept of owning dealers come back into play with more of the manufacturer's in the next decade.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,253
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Where in Baltimore did you buy the equipment from a wholesaler?

    He probably bought it from an Internet seller. Can't sling a dead cat without hitting one.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,852
    Quote Originally Posted by mchild View Post
    He probably bought it from an Internet seller. Can't sling a dead cat without hitting one.
    Why do you sling dead cats?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event