Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Girls and Controls?

Just wondering if there are any women in controls. I see some as project managers every now and then. But never a female engineer, or tech. Not trying to be sexist just wondering. Any at where you guys work? We have like only 5 girls in our entire office of 70 people. Mostly Admin positions.

I haven't seen any, yet... heard the boss was interviewing one for a position in Controls, though.

I haven't thought about but I don't remember ever seeing a girl DDC Tech. I am all for women doing more of the so called men's jobs. Lol after all HVAC controls isn't exactly a he-man's job.... it's more of a brain trust. I find women in the workplace to be a very pleasant distraction and they usualy spell better than I do. Can you imagine some of interesting programs women programmers might come up with..... well ahh ok..... I was going to come up with a joke right about here but there may be some women reading this stuff. Truth is I wouldn't mind seeing more women doing this work.

Quote Originally Posted by shifferbrains View Post
    I was going to come up with a joke right about here but there may be some women reading this stuff.
    I'd like to hear the joke, please.
    Let's face it, if the women out there can't put up with lewd comments, rude suggestions and dirty jokes, they should be in another line of work....
    perhaps accounting.

Personally, I hated accounting: all of their jokes just sucked.

Lol ok..... it was going to have something to do with the system self distructing every 21 days.

Which reminds me of a story which is going to take me to long to type right now....

Quote Originally Posted by shifferbrains View Post
    Lol ok..... it was going to have something to do with the system self distructing every 21 days.

Which reminds me of a story which is going to take me to long to type right now....
    WHAT THE HELL IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN!!!!???!???!?? 21 DAYS?? ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT PMS???? I'LL SHOW YOU PMS!!!!!

hahahahaha

Hey I didn't say it..... I was only thinking it......

Quote Originally Posted by thebatman View Post
    Just wondering if there are any women in controls. I see some as project managers every now and then. But never a female engineer, or tech. Not trying to be sexist just wondering. Any at where you guys work? We have like only 5 girls in our entire office of 70 people. Mostly Admin positions.
    We had one (female controls tech) where I now work, but she went off to work for the competition.

We still have a gal who does strictly graphics for the front ends.

Ran into a gal Controls Tech who worked for Siemens.

Friend of mine works for another company and they have 1 female Tech.

Haven't run into any female PM's or Controls Engineers.

In general, I see durned few ladies in the mechanical or electrical fields.

I teach, part time, at a local Union school and occassionally at a local Technical College. I see few females trying to get into the electrical or mechanical trades ... and even fewer who stay with them for any lenght of time.

The only lady in control I know is the wife
    Beware of the prophet trying to make a profit.

There is less oxygen from knee level to the floor! Check it out next time you tie your boots.

Over the past few years I have run across 2

1 was an ENGINEER who had been with TRANE in their DDC div , then quit and went to work for a consulting firm, she was not very effective in decision making situations.

The other was a DDC tech for a non major player , very little practical experience but an EXPERT on everything. She screwed up a lot of things in the time she was in the field not because of the girl factor , they had guy techs with the same problem ( No practical TRAINING ) .

Quote Originally Posted by qtip View Post
    The only lady in control I know is the wife
    hahahha good one

I know several and so far have not had a problem with any of them.

I wouldn't mind, it would give me something to look at all day.

-JB

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast