Question Celiera reviews ? Anyone?

Hi!
    I'm in the process of buying an air conditioner for my home. Has anyone ever bought a "Celiera" mini split system?

I can't find any consumer reports on the product ...

Please help!

Nice name... my wife's name is spelled Kristal. Oh yeah, never heard of it sorry.
    We only want to do it, if we can do it right.

Kristal? Bet no one spells that one right.

Never heard of the other one.

I've got some nice bridges for sale in several different states. Where are you, I'll send a salesman right over.

Mitsubishi, Bosh, Sanyo, Fujitsu, Carrier/Bryant all make quality mini-splits. Why are you considering some unkown? Price? If that's the case, you're a gambler. Good luck.

Now about those bridges.....

About Celiera

Krystal,
    I have a Celiera that I bought for my family room we added on to the house. I installed it my self, ( with help from my little brother to hold it up and everything) and we haven't had any problems with it. It does and excellent job keeping it cool in the summer and keeps it warm in the winter ( we live in Michigan) but is a little costly if used as a heater. I would recomend getting a little plug in heater if using it for that also. If you have any questions feel free to email me. it's

Mike
    Last edited by ARPA; 06-24-2007 at 07:20 PM.

I've been known to drink Krystal.

Question Need help on Celiera 12000 btu

Quote Originally Posted by mmdkyoung123 View Post
    Krystal,
    I have a Celiera that I bought for my family room we added on to the house. I installed it my self, ( with help from my little brother to hold it up and everything) and we haven't had any problems with it. It does and excellent job keeping it cool in the summer and keeps it warm in the winter ( we live in Michigan) but is a little costly if used as a heater. I would recomend getting a little plug in heater if using it for that also. If you have any questions feel free to email me. it's

Mike
    Mike I read your comments on celiera . I purchased one in April and self installed. Unit worked fine both heat & cool until 7/07, not it stopped cooling both indoor and outdoor unit run when requested with remote. Hoever no cool air just fan air. Out at outdoor unit small line gets cold , but press line (return larger line stays at outside3 air temp. I had tech look at unit and give me outrages price( $ouch$) for repair saying it's maybe press switch related but he has to do whole 9 yards : evac, recover press test replace switch and recharge. I prchased this unit on line from diynotallowedhere.com located in Detroit they are (to my knowledge ) only seller of Celiera. I have contacted <edit> and asked about warrenty and they have not been responsive. My questions are do you have any expierence with AC World, and also when your celioera is running on cooling are both refrigerant pipes cold.This question is related to possible diagnostic code of E4 showing up display of indoor unit. Thanks for any ifo you may provide.
    Last edited by jrbenny; 07-13-2007 at 02:15 PM. Reason: pricing and diy sites removed

i am installing same thing now. indoor unit installed. outdoor unit electrical part is installed. when i try to hook up gas pipes.. indoor unit to the outdoor unit ,gas comes out when i open the top of indoor unit pipe. is this normal?

Unit is made in China.
    USA distrabrution is spotty at best making parts availibility a guessing game.Tech support is wrose than parts supply.
    Warranty will most likely be like pulling teeth.
    But to be fair,they are cheap.

celiera

Quote Originally Posted by mmdkyoung123 View Post
    Krystal,

Mike
    Hi Mike... Today 17 july 2011
    i am installing same thing now. indoor unit installed. outdoor unit electrical part is installed. when i try to hook up gas pipes.. indoor unit to the outdoor unit ,gas comes out when i open the top of indoor unit pipe. is this normal?
    please i.am waiting your answer.

Removed your personal info and your email address. Email addresses are not allowed in post, please put it in your profile. Its not a good idea to post your personal info on a site viewed by 1'000 from around the world every day.
    Last edited by beenthere; 07-17-2011 at 02:26 PM. Reason: email addy, and personal info

hizli, please read our site rules, thank you.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Chinese mini splits may be tempting, but service and warranty are important. I know this is hind sight, but after having studied the matter quite thoroughly NEVER buy a cheap ebay (or other) mini split. If they don't have a local distributor, they don't have a tech support number and you will end up with someone like me, quoting you a ridiculous price (so you think) to work on the piece of junk.

Yes you do have to remove the entire charge of refrigerant to check charge on most of these things. Where would you get parts for such a unit?

Wanna buy a Sanyo I have for sale?