Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Trane did something good

I have to give credit where it's due:

Trane LNS plugins

Someone brought this to my attention. ..... now if they start selling the programmables to anyone.....that would be really nice.

I'll mark this glorious day on my calender. Sysint has something good to say about Trane. Maybe one day I'll get my name on the calender?
    Your poor planning does not constitute an emergency on my part!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sysint View Post
    I have to give credit where it's due:

Trane LNS plugins

Someone brought this to my attention. ..... now if they start selling the programmables to anyone.....that would be really nice.
    I have been troubleshooting/programming Trane crap for years. I guarantee they will not!!

There is always a catch with Trane. Somewhere hidden in this offering is a catch, where they will end up bending you over the barrel. They always do!

LOL, those were my thoughts exactly.
    Quote Originally Posted by zarembad View Post
    There is always a catch with Trane. Somewhere hidden in this offering is a catch, where they will end up bending you over the barrel. They always do!
    Your poor planning does not constitute an emergency on my part!!!!

Well, if Army Corps is LNS Lonworks and Trane isn't selling equipment like they would like (and similar) I'm sure that played into things.

Logically, you would think plugins on ASC controllers would be the thing to do. Nothing to hide there at all. Now, providing access to programmables takes more trust...

I'v worked for sevreal controls manf. JCI, TAC, ANdover and Trane. Yes it is true Trane does not give out their software to just any swingn dick. That is a great thing, it prevents hacks who think they know how to set up a control system from doing it unless they goto a class. Trane will alow any HVAC controctor to goto the class and purchase service software. Yes they will not let you engineer the job and sell it yourself , in my opinion that keeps the quality of jobs up.

I knwo I will get blasted for this, But I worked for some of those contractors that thought they could do it all and I have seen the aftermath. the other control Manf are the same TAC you have to be a partner to get the software and so forth on the others.

The LNS is no big deal, because if you know how to use LON and read XIF and Lonmaker, you can do anything the XIF has in it.

How does that help you with a programmable?

Quote Originally Posted by jslimjeff View Post
    Trane will alow any HVAC controctor to goto the class and purchase service software. .
    I don't think you have a grip on the reality of what you said here.
    The truth is: If you sign a contract, pay approx 40K upfront and agree to sell 250K worth of controls a year they might consider letting you take a class and purchase software.
    All that and you still can't engineer a job??

Quote Originally Posted by zarembad View Post
    I have been troubleshooting/programming Trane crap for years. I guarantee they will not!!

Unfortunately for the customer They can be Siemens, JCI, HW, Alerton and so on. All companies work for profit and even a little guy does not work for free and if given chance to secure customer base and work load everyone will take advantage of this. Is that something new?

Quote Originally Posted by dapper View Post
    The truth is: If you sign a contract, pay approx 40K upfront and agree to sell 250K worth of controls a year they might consider letting you take a class and purchase software.
    AND divest your company of any other line of controls you may have been selling, installing, and supporting for years.

Funny not a month ago I made a comment that Trane should have the LNS plug-ins on their website, and EVERY Trane person that responded said that the plug-ins did not belong on Tranes website, they belonged on Echelons website, they WERE on echelons website but they were ancient ones. Its just too funny.

Thanks sysint

I was disappointed when I got the Rover software to set up the vv550, since it didn't support IP/LON routers.

I just downloaded the new plug-in, and it works great with those vavs through my LNS tool over IP! Finally....version 1.0, but I'll take it...

poochz
    There is a way that seems good to man, but in the end leads to death.

Tarakian, this is a little different. I agree that the xifs should be on the LonMark site, but they should be up to date. These are plug-ins. Like configuring the controllsers with Rover. I haven't had the opportunity to try them yet but I am hoping that you can access all of the previously 'private' configuration points with the plug-ins. That in itself will be big.

Quote Originally Posted by dapper View Post

I work for a private mechanical contractor who has been an ICS Contractor with Trane for 10+ years. We have full access to the summit line, tech support, training, software, and tech website. We have more fully factory trained technicians than our local trane office. Not sure the sign up fee but I know its not 40K. Maybe it's different in other areas, not sure. The goal for selling is standard - we also rep other lines and they have the same goal for us.

There's no doubt the Summit is out dated and needs to be updated. Hopefully somethings coming done the pike soon. Its getting harder and harder to defend.

I hear alot of bad things about Trane, but all my experiences have been positive. Our rep is great, classes are good, lots of resources. It maybe the fact that we sell alot of mechanical equipment - not sure.

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast