Marketing to restaurants...

Marketing to restaurants...

Any proven ideas on marketing to restaurants other than search engines, online phone books, word of mouth? I've looked into mailing lists but it seems marketing specifically to restaurants is difficult and nothing any advertising companies I've contacted do.

I would try doing it in person. They probably receive so much mail and junk offers as it is and yours is liable to be overlooked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I do that on down time. Walk in to liquor stores and food joints, tell them what you offer and can do for them. Leave several cards cause they can't lose a stack lol. And wait. I've gotten mixed results

Quote Originally Posted by laszer99 View Post
    I do that on down time. Walk in to liquor stores and food joints, tell them what you offer and can do for them. Leave several cards cause they can't lose a stack lol. And wait. I've gotten mixed results
    Good idea about leaving a stack of cards. I usually give 1 or 2 which definitely can be lost.

I make my own postcards using publisher, made my own database using google send out about 400 every 6-8 weeks have been picking up 2-3 new accounts every mailing most effective marketing one guy can do. At best you will get 3-4 seconds of their time. over time you will be remembered and cold calling.
    Good luck. T
    "A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in
    no other way."
    -Mark Twain, American writer (1835-1910)

I sent out flyers that I made up to every variety store, florist, market and restaurant I could locate. Enclosed a magnetic business card. Everything went 1st class. Then I tried to follow up with a call. I even tried funeral homes but that seemed to be a dead issue. As for my web page I haven't got a call in over 14 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by texas t View Post
    I make my own postcards using publisher, made my own database using google send out about 400 every 6-8 weeks have been picking up 2-3 new accounts every mailing most effective marketing one guy can do. At best you will get 3-4 seconds of their time. over time you will be remembered and cold calling.
    Good luck. T

I have had minimal response with the web I am using yext which puts me on 40 or so platforms fwhich help move me up on the google search.

Most big chain restaurants have a facility/construction manager that handles and chooses the outside contractors that perform work. I have had really good luck figuring out who the facility manager is a either just giving them a call or scheduling a meeting to show them what you have to offer. This has worked very well for me and currently do work for 5 big chains.

I am just a little guy and don't want to wait for the chains to pay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechanical Pro View Post
    Most big chain restaurants have a facility/construction manager that handles and chooses the outside contractors that perform work. I have had really good luck figuring out who the facility manager is a either just giving them a call or scheduling a meeting to show them what you have to offer. This has worked very well for me and currently do work for 5 big chains.

I hear ya.....

If you can convince then to do maintenance that shouldn't be a huge problem, (time and cleaner) ya it sucks waiting when you have money in parts, but that money always seems to show up when you need it a month later or so..

Good tip MP.
    Ty..
    "A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in
    no other way."
    -Mark Twain, American writer (1835-1910)