Red face Trane residental 4 ton unit

The condenser unit shut down and the evaporator fan still runs?? after about and hour or so the compressor and fan start again and good for a while.
    Then it goes through the cycle again off for and hour and then back on.
    Last edited by billcoburn; 06-11-2007 at 12:17 AM.

It's cycling on internal overload shut it off and call a technician out. Sounds like it's low on refrigerant and getting to hot and shutting off and when it cools back down some it starts back up. It's not good to run it like this. You can have a low pressure switch installed if this is the final diagnosis that will stop this for the future if your low on refrigerant you may have a leak. Don't opt for the gas and go method try to solve the problem if it does have a leak.

There could be about 18 things wrong, maybe more, who knows.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

ac condenser unit shut off and on

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
    It's cycling on internal overload shut it off and call a technician out. Sounds like it's low on refrigerant and getting to hot and shutting off and when it cools back down some it starts back up. It's not good to run it like this. You can have a low pressure switch installed if this is the final diagnosis that will stop this for the future if your low on refrigerant you may have a leak. Don't opt for the gas and go method try to solve the problem if it does have a leak.

I had the gas checked it was good accord to his gauges the low pressure switch i will have to call the tech back out again the tech has to install the switch ?

Quote Originally Posted by billcoburn View Post
    I had the gas checked it was good accord to his gauges the low pressure switch i will have to call the tech back out again the tech has to install the switch ?
    Good according to his gauges and good according to superheat and subcooling are two different things. Did he proved SH and SC temps?

Could be the condensor fan motor going bad and internitingly shutting off on thermal.this will then cause the comressor to go off on thermal.
    i would get the tec back out

Freeze

Could be bad airflow and a freeze protector cycleing it off

ac condenser fan motor runs hot

[QUOTE=a314sparky;1513228]Could be bad airflow and a freeze protector cycleing it off[thanks I found a tech put on the wrong blade .50 instead of .27 pitch ..all fine now has the wrong fan blade

Talking ac condenser fan motor runs hot

Quote Originally Posted by a/cpro View Post
    Could be the condensor fan motor going bad and internitingly shutting off on thermal.this will then cause the comressor to go off on thermal.
    i would get the tec back out
    I replaced the fan blade had the wrong one install last winter now It works fine the motor was over amps because of the wrong pitch.ty
    it was .50 now .27 pitch.....................................

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
    Good according to his gauges and good according to superheat and subcooling are two different things. Did he proved SH and SC temps?

..the unit had the wrong blade pitch installed this past winter it was .50 should have been .27 pitch all fine now ty

Quote Originally Posted by Diceman View Post
    There could be about 18 things wrong, maybe more, who knows.
    Found the wrong blade .50 pitch on motor should have been .27 pitch it was install last winter now it works great...............cooling great.

Good enjoy the comfort