what Lennox is this please

My buddy just moved into a house that has all Lennox equipment. I don't see much of that since the company I work for is a Carrier dealer. The furnace is a 90% gas. It has the craziest air filtration setup I've ever come across. Lennox labeled with media filter, ultraviolet light, and some other panel all in one bracket with each section able to be slid out for replacement. My question concerns the a/c....the condenser is freakishly huge(how's that for a technical description). It's a 410a system, that much I know...I'd like to know the tonnage and seer rating if anyone can help. The model and serial are as follows.... HSXA19-038-230-02, 5803D 25242. Also, the t-stat is a Lennox Signature Stat model 51M26(or 27, or 28, I'm not sure which in his particular case). It has three little led lights, one for cool, one for heat, and one that is listed as auxillary. The aux. light is on during a call for cool, is that a normal function? I can't locate any reference in the stat manual concerning that light with regard to cool function. It only seems to concern the heating function. The bottom line at this point is that as of now it's not cooling properly. I went up once without my 410 gauges(never thought this house would have 410) I have to go back and just wanted a little info if possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Smile

thats a 19 seer unit ,should be a 3 ton but i couldnt match up 038. i just found 036.on the light on the t stat-i dont think that light should be on but i havent installed that model yet. may be energizing heat strips in cooling and thats why cooling isnt working right.hope this helps you.

The -036 has a PSC condenser fan motor. The -038 has a variable speed condenser fan motor for higher efficiency. The -036 and -038 are otherwise the same.
    Remember, Air Conditioning begins with AIR.

as others said, the 038 was a higher efficiency 3 ton unit. 2 stage copeland scroll in it with a 2 speed cond motor.

hopefully hooked up to a v drive blower.

the filter you are describing is a Pure-Air system.

very nice set up.

If you have a two stage condenser unit doesn't that require a two stage t stat? Or do they have a jumper like some furnaces???

Quote Originally Posted by Alantoy13 View Post
    If you have a two stage condenser unit doesn't that require a two stage t stat? Or do they have a jumper like some furnaces???

no jumper for 2 stage a/c, sig stat should be 2 stage if they used the right one.

Thanks for the replies guys. I think I may have to pass on the diagnosis on this one. LIke I mentioned before, this Lennox unit I've never come across before and it's a little foreign to me. I'm gonna go back to his place one more time to see if things can be cleared up. If not it's time to pass it on. I've actually gotten the same remark from one of my co-workers with regards to the aux. light being on during the call for cooling. I didn't know(didn't look into the furnace) about the possiblity of heat strips being included on a set-up like this. Hmmmm.