Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

2 stage blower, singlestage condenser..

Hi, I'm installing a Vi-velocity system and it's the new one with a 2 stage cool and a 2 stage heat options, and i have a 14 seer goodman condenser unit,
    Will that 1 stage condenser work with my system, if yes, will i have a benefit of using the 2 stage blower, if no..what condenser would you recommend using with this setup, Or is it possible to convert this condenser into a 2 stage? please help me...thanks,

Who's offering a 2 stage HV blower.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

hi-velocity.com
    It's the new HE-70 or something...

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Who's offering a 2 stage HV blower.
    Last edited by spatterfree; 06-09-2007 at 01:29 PM.

Heres a link of the new blower.....

http://www.hi-velocity.com/en/brochu...rochure_EN.pdf

Imteresting.

I'll have to check into it.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Seems like i'll have to post this elsewhere....

There's no practical way to change a condensing unit to a 2-stage system. What you can do, would be to add a TXV to the air handler and get a dehumidistat to switch between low & high fan speeds based on how much humidity there is inside. So, better dehumidification would be possible and the unit probably would run on the lower fan speed at night (quieter operation), high fan speed during the day. That's about all you can do with that.

OK....well...do you think I could run the blower 2 stage, and leave the condenser unit as a single stage...would there be any problems besides not being quite as efficient? would the a-coil ice up becuase theres less air going through?

2-stage

you would not want to slow down the indoor blower more that 10 or 12%. High pressure duct systems are already 'pushing the envelope' with cfm ratings of about 250 cfm per ton and even with and expansion valve coil you'd risk damaging the compressor with liquid flood-back. Copeland makes the 'ultra', a 2-stage scroll compressor that's pretty rugged but I think a retrofit into another condensing unit could be tricky

It depends what you're trying to achieve. I guess the best question to ask at this point is why you'd want to modify this system. If you're not in a high humidity climate, then there's no reason to mess with it. Operating with a lower airflow will substantially reduce efficiency. If you're removing excess humidity, the "lost" efficiency is actually well-spent in removing humidity, otherwise you're just wasting money.

Definitely add a freeze-stat to the coil as well.

ok, so your saying that it wouldn't work what i want to do because the compresser would flood back?.. the hi-cooling is around 770 cfm...and the low-cooling setting is around 465cfm....I'm still wondering if i could apply that condenser unit to my system as a 2 stage cooling..

Quote Originally Posted by schu View Post
    you would not want to slow down the indoor blower more that 10 or 12%. High pressure duct systems are already 'pushing the envelope' with cfm ratings of about 250 cfm per ton and even with and expansion valve coil you'd risk damaging the compressor with liquid flood-back. Copeland makes the 'ultra', a 2-stage scroll compressor that's pretty rugged but I think a retrofit into another condensing unit could be tricky

Well, the most important thing i want to achieve is keeping the ducts from creating too much noice, so basicly it would be a quieter system and i would only need the Hi-cooling stage when theres a really warm day...like today we have a 90 degree day at about 80 to 90 percent humidity...

And i never said i want to mod the system, I'm just questioning if it would work..
    would it matter if the condenser would be single stage, and the blower 2 stage...thats really all i'm wondering,
    And the coil i have is http://www.hi-velocity.com/en/manual..._%20Lo-Res.pdf
    and i think there is a freeze-stat in it..i have the pre-piped module...called RPM

Quote Originally Posted by tpa-fl View Post
    It depends what you're trying to achieve. I guess the best question to ask at this point is why you'd want to modify this system. If you're not in a high humidity climate, then there's no reason to mess with it. Operating with a lower airflow will substantially reduce efficiency. If you're removing excess humidity, the "lost" efficiency is actually well-spent in removing humidity, otherwise you're just wasting money.

Definitely add a freeze-stat to the coil as well.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast