best heat pump with propane auxilliary

Hi,

I hope I'm not looking for a one-eyed cat here.

I would like to find the most efficient heat pump with propane auxilliary heat for those rare occasions when the outside temps are in the mid-30's or lower. This is for a well-insulated two story 2000 sf house. Ideally, a 14 SEER or better for air conditioning and 3 or better COP for heating. I would prefer R410 refrigerant, if possible.

I would also like a variable-speed air handler and compatibility with a dual-zone installation.

Who makes good units, and which model? Yes, I've read the old saw that installation matters, and I agree. But so does the hardware, which is what I am asking about.

Carrier HYBRID HEAT is SWEET,Infinity system has 900 rebate and may offset some of the sting from 1 stage to 2 stage.
    It's NOT the BRAND,it's the company that installs it!!!!!

Thumbs up Duel Fuel

Infinity 24HNA6, which is a 16 seer 2 speed product with a CNP evap coil. Infinity 58MVB, which is a 90% gas (propane convertible) furnace. The infinity zone system. Rebates for that system run $1000 instant (Carrier), $300 (gas company), and up to $400 Tax Credit. These are our rebates in GA. Ballpark is $7K-$10K.

York Affinity 8T series(2 stage ) with an Affinity 2 stage furnace 10 year parts, lifetime compressor warranty, and has a 1500. dollar rebate till end of June.

forlife, remove your ballpark prices. Might not be even close for the OP's area.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

With the dozen or so brands on the market you are going to get a dozen or so different opinions. Why? Because all of the brands make pretty much the same stuff and all brands have dual fuel compatable heat pumps.

So, back to the "old saw" of choosing the contractor that you feel is offering the best overall deal and let him/her install the brand they recommend. About the only major differences on this subject nowadays is whether to go thermostatically controlled or fossil fuel kit control and whether or not to utilize an outdoor thermostat.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Thumbs up

Also It would be smart of you to go with a company that is a NATE certified,and factory authorized dealer. Whatever brand you choose.

Quote Originally Posted by canesfanforlife View Post
    Also It would be smart of you to go with a company that is a NATE certified,and factory authorized dealer. Whatever brand you choose.
    While these are not absolutes that the company is any better then one without NATE trained techs or not factory authorized dealer, it does show that the company is at least diligent in bettering its employees knowledge and abilities in the trade.

Any training and trade affilliation participation is a good guide as to dealing with a good company.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV