Thread: Fry Sauce

Fry Sauce

I live in Utah and don't travel much at all. Most resuarants here have something called fry sauce. It is tasty. It's a mixture of catsup and mayo. Thats all. I have heard other states don't have this, but like I said, I don't get out much. Has anybody ever had this outside of the great state of Utah? Do you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by chadcar View Post
    I live in Utah and don't travel much at all. Most resuarants here have something called fry sauce. It is tasty. It's a mixture of catsup and mayo. Thats all. I have heard other states don't have this, but like I said, I don't get out much. Has anybody ever had this outside of the great state of Utah? Do you like it?

When I was a kid we ate fish a lot of times on Fridays. (it was a religious thing.) So my mother used to make that sauce that you discribed. Very bland for my grown up taste.

Around here it is tartar sauce for fried fish. (relish-mayo base) or for shell fish it is cocktail sauce. (horseradish/ketchup base)

Sounds like thousand island dressing, minus a few islands.
    Luke 6:31

I love fry sauce ....... There are a lot of variations out there and I have tried to duplicate it but with no luck of getting it the same.

Have tried getting the recipe from people that have worked at the palces but it seems to be a hidden recipe. They keep it pretty much away from employees.

I use to buy soft drink cups of it from a place that had real good fry sauce. it wasnt in my home town so everytime I went through, I bought some.

I have spent hours trying to duplicate it ......... no such luck.

If you figure it out ..... post it here

I can tell you it has mayonaise, garlic salt , mustard, ketsup, papreka,

Not sure what else and you have to adjust the amounts to get it right.

I have bought some fry sauce that was in a clear plastic bottle with a red label ........ that stuff sucked.

Artic circle fry sauce is ok, same with what they had at Hardies. It still isnt as good as I have had at some of the mom and pop burger joints. The National places just dont have fry sauce that is as good.

I havnt been in a McDonalds in a long time but I was told that a lot of them have fry sauce if you ask for it. I asked for it one time and darned if they didnt have some in little packets just like catsup comes in. Its not all that good either.

That was years ago and might have been a trial at differant parts of the country.

Quote Originally Posted by chadcar View Post
    we call it pink sauce. 50% catsup, 50% mayo, and some put a touch of mustard in it.
    it also good with popcorn srimp, corn dogs
    I dont warranty Tinkeritus

Well its not pink here ......... more of a yellowish orange. It also has something more than ketsup, mayonase, and mustard to get the taste it has.

BBQ sauce and some Miracle Whip, mixed just right does it

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=fry+sauce+recipe

Lots of people have recipes to try.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

I have been to quite a few states, and I must say, Utah is the only place I have seen "fry sauce" in any and it seemed all of the chain Fast Food places had it. Maybe the LDS have something to do with it?! Or maybe it has something to do with the weak beer they sell there.