21ahba wheatherking

21ahba wheatherking

my freind is helping me licened rheem hp i thought i was getting a rhsa hm3017ja instead they sent 21ahba wheatherking new model from what i read my? it doesnt match the old ruud i have size wise should i stick with the 21ahba or try to get the rhsa3017ja quality wise i know 21ahba is old cabinet some other pros say blower is different and not as good any comments thanks ...........bill

huh?
    Karst means cave. So, I search for caves.

Quote Originally Posted by bjsuone View Post
    my freind is helping me licened rheem hp i thought i was getting a rhsa hm3017ja instead they sent 21ahba wheatherking new model from what i read my? it doesnt match the old ruud i have size wise should i stick with the 21ahba or try to get the rhsa3017ja quality wise i know 21ahba is old cabinet some other pros say blower is different and not as good any comments thanks ...........bill
    Since your freind is licened, I'd ask him.

The AHBA uses the same X13 motor as the full size air handler(RHSA), the only differance is the physical size of the AHU(and the coil configuration). Rheem(weatherking) was the go-to for the smallest air handler size before the 13 seer switch, after getting blasted by angry contractors...they developed the abha to maintain the 35" size of the previous Rheem RBHA ahu's....and now all is well in the world again.

Quality wise, there is no differance, I like the AHBA because it will fit anywhere.

The AHBA21(with the correct coil) will work anywhere that the RHSAHM3017 will, there is no differance(that you need to be concerned with) between the evap coils and blower motors in either unit...check ARI if you are really worried about it.

21ahba

Thanks i guess my biggest problem with this is the 3017 is a perfect match for for my old ruud wouldnt be easer to use the 3017 if i can get one plus i like too see rheem on label why mix brands even though the guts are the same and does it have the n coil i dont want to open box in case they switch out ........thanks again

I doubt it''s a match. Which outdoor unit do you have? (model#)

21ahba

Quote Originally Posted by billva View Post
    I doubt it''s a match. Which outdoor unit do you have? (model#)
    RPNE030JAZ
    Last edited by bjsuone; 06-07-2007 at 11:56 PM. Reason: the right one

Quote Originally Posted by AIR PRO View Post
    The AHBA uses the same X13 motor as the full size air handler(RHSA), the only differance is the physical size of the AHU(and the coil configuration). Rheem(weatherking) was the go-to for the smallest air handler size before the 13 seer switch, after getting blasted by angry contractors...they developed the abha to maintain the 35" size of the previous Rheem RBHA ahu's....and now all is well in the world again.

Quality wise, there is no differance, I like the AHBA because it will fit anywhere.
    AHBA series do contain the x-13 motor, the -HSA contains a standard PSC motor, not the x-13.
    the x-13 is only found in AHBA/AHBL and UHLA/UHLL series.

RPNE030JAZ

Either A/H is a match.

Quote Originally Posted by A/C Frank View Post
    AHBA series do contain the x-13 motor, the -HSA contains a standard PSC motor, not the x-13.
    the x-13 is only found in AHBA/AHBL and UHLA/UHLL series.
    Not in this part of the country they don't.

Thanks i guess my biggest problem with this is the 3017 is a perfect match for for my old ruud wouldnt be easer to use the 3017 if i can get one plus i like too see rheem on label why mix brands even though the guts are the same and does it have the n coil i dont want to open box in case they switch out ........thanks again

The perfect match for your old unit only exist's in a warehouse in texas somwhere, they do not make them anymore! The correct thing for you to do is have the condenser/heatpump installed with a new coil/ahu. ..............and have the ducts checked to be sure they can handle it.

21ahba

Quote Originally Posted by AIR PRO View Post
    The perfect match for your old unit only exist's in a warehouse in texas somwhere, they do not make them anymore! The correct thing for you to do is have the condenser/heatpump installed with a new coil/ahu. ..............and have the ducts checked to be sure they can handle it.
    just curios but what is this perfect match and why are they in storage