Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Sears offers Carrier and Kenmore. Kenmore is Tempstar(they suck). We are an installation contractor for them. Alot has changed as far as contractors are concerned, they have in the past hired tail gate contractors that didn't get paid squat. That might still be the case however, I dictated our remittance for work and the gaurantee is pretty good. Their salesmen are very weak in knowledge as we usually find scores of issues on measure up. We had to cancel a gas w/ a-c complete cut because the home had no gas and would have been a 6-8000$ main line extension. As with all contracted jobs you should get more than 1 quote.
    Proud supporter of Springfield Millers and Oregon Ducks.

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
    Really I don't think so I didn't think Carrier allowed that..........and Kenmore is what ICP.....

Hey Sears does siding,windows, roofs, white goods and lingerie too, man their good.......
    I think sears is using the fact that United Tech owns ICP and Carrier now and using that to claim Kenmore is a carrier product.

And from what I have been hearing ICP is doing better than carrier right now.

The biggest problem with using sears is that your probably paying too much to have a hack come install it. Go out and seek financing from a real contractor with a good reference.
    I will believe that the government is broke when the welfare checks start bouncing!!

Quote Originally Posted by millerman View Post
    Sears offers Carrier and Kenmore. Kenmore is Tempstar(they suck). We are an installation contractor for them. Alot has changed as far as contractors are concerned, they have in the past hired tail gate contractors that didn't get paid squat. That might still be the case however, I dictated our remittance for work and the gaurantee is pretty good. Their salesmen are very weak in knowledge as we usually find scores of issues on measure up. We had to cancel a gas w/ a-c complete cut because the home had no gas and would have been a 6-8000$ main line extension. As with all contracted jobs you should get more than 1 quote.
    Tempstar sucks?! ICP did better than Carrier did according to the word on the street. Must be doing something right!
    I will believe that the government is broke when the welfare checks start bouncing!!

I've been handling ICP products (Heil) since '99 and have been very pleased with them. So just saying "They suck", tells me nothing at all.

If I were you, I'd contact a Ruud dealer & see if he offers Quick Comfort Financing. Tell the dealer you want 12 months same as cash. I'd also get a price on the UGPR furnace. Its a super nice furnace & you might get it for the same price that Sears is selling you that Kenmore. I know I'd sure rather have the Ruud.
    Life is like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by hvac hero View Post
    If I were you, I'd contact a Ruud dealer & see if he offers Quick Comfort Financing. Tell the dealer you want 12 months same as cash. I'd also get a price on the UGPR furnace. Its a super nice furnace & you might get it for the same price that Sears is selling you that Kenmore. I know I'd sure rather have the Ruud.
    Or get a freakin home equity loan!! We all know financing is great but the cost is added in on the price for the financing. Its kind of common knowledge. If the customer can get a home equity load they would be better off and can write off the interest.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy-lvhm View Post
    Or get a freakin home equity loan!! We all know financing is great but the cost is added in on the price for the financing. Its kind of common knowledge. If the customer can get a home equity load they would be better off and can write off the interest.
    Word!
    "The road to Hell is paved with progressive policies."

Your exactly right. They bill me 7% of the sale when I do a 12 months same as cash. Of course I pass that on to the customer.
    Life is like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by hvac hero View Post
    Your exactly right. They bill me 7% of the sale when I do a 12 months same as cash. Of course I pass that on to the customer.
    Yeah some of the programs are up to 10-14% extra that I have seen

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
    Would like some expert opinions about contracting sears
    Is that Sears or Sears
    Last edited by itsiceman; 02-13-2009 at 11:10 PM.
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

My HEL just went up three points on the first of November.

Quote Originally Posted by Milk man View Post
    My HEL just went up three points on the first of November.
    Convert your line of credit to a straight loan then. I just got 7.75 on a line of credit. The markup on financing through these companies is at least 7% so even if your a point or 2 higher you can at least write off the interest.

i have serviced a few units installed by sears they were carrier the last one was a infinity i was not impressed no high pipe, no low pipe, no permit not sealed properly very poor installation owner stated install price ( i will not say ) house rules but much higher than market price

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast