Manitowoc IY0894N-261

This machine is fairly new. Blows fuse on control board. Is there a common problem with this model that anyone is aware of? I have done the common sense stuff (looked for bare wires etc) hard to trouble shoot when I can't get it to stay in.

when does it blow the fuse...as soon as u switch it on...when a certain load comes on?
    Maybe a component is shorted somehow. does it blow the fuse everytime or is it random?

It blows the fuse as soon as I switch the breaker on. Went thru three fuses. Started looking for short, can't find anything so far.

It is not a common problem. You're going to just have to go through the process of elimination. I would take some new fuses and start with everything disconnected except the main power supply to the board. In fact, I would disconnect everything from the board, apply power, then start connecting with the main power connector.

I should add that this fuse is popping pretty loud. It sounds like a dead short. It blew one of the fuses half out of its retainer.

I'm surprised the mains breaker doesn't open.

I'd do a once over on the wiring...maybe even go as far as unplugging all loads from the board. If it still blows then maybe the board is grounded somehow or the transformer on the board is bad...?
    Not sure on this model of manitowoc but Im pretty sure manis use a transformer of somesort

I was wondering about a transformer myself. Was hoping someone would bring it up. It looks like the transformer would be part of the board? This is a pretty new model ,haven't had much experience them yet.

You can always call tech support.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic2u View Post
    I was wondering about a transformer myself. Was hoping someone would bring it up. It looks like the transformer would be part of the board? This is a pretty new model ,haven't had much experience them yet.

Seen it more than a few times.
    They send out a new control board no questions asked basically so there might have been a problem.
    Last two I had had a high leg that was feeding to the board and I switched them to go direct to the compressor. Don't know if that had anything to do with it but it couldn't hurt

There is a specific sequence of operation. Is this happening with with the ice /wash switch in the off position? If so there are some loads energized immediately, if not use the sequence of operation and find which load blows your fuse.

Had a bad control board. Thanks for the help.