+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ming's quest

Post Likes

Thumbs up Ming's quest

Has anyone watched this show on food network? It is probably my favorite one. The guy's name is Ming something and the idea behind the show is him traveling the world seeking out stuff to cook and eat. Every time I have watched it has been some kind of meat or fish. He goes out and fishes or hunts for the ingredient, kills it and makes some gooood stuff out of it! He's got this big ass gas fired wok thing that has what looks to be about a 40,000 btu single burner under it (like there is any way to tell). Good show with a good host/chef. He doesn't come off like an a-hole like Bobby Flay. I wish I had MIng's job! Check it out if you get the chance... Or else...
    Luke 6:31

Post Likes
    Oh, for the love of christ would some one watch the show and like it, or at least fake liking it so I don't feel like such al oser? Gosh!

Post Likes
    He's been on PBS years.
    Always enjoyed his style.
    He, Todd English and ( I forget whoelse) did a reality cooking show, where the winner was head chef a Todd's restuarant.
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Post Likes
    How about iron Chef? I learned to cook from top chef,iron Chef, and Alton brown.
    Tin Knockers BANG for a living

Post Likes
    Ming's Quest is good. Nearly all of the shows give some great pointers.
    “Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily available, they will create their own." Scott Adams

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
    Albert Einstein

Post Likes
    How about Justin Wilson, the Cajun Cook, I used to like his shows.

Is he still alive? He is the one that made Turkey deep frying popular. I have his book.

Post Likes
    I used to love watching Justin Wilson too. Very funny man and a great storyteller. He's no longer with us, I think. I used to watch Julia Child too (a little wine for the bird and a little for the chef). I saw a documentory on her, she used to be an operative for the cia or some other agency that preceded it. I was pretty poor growing up and used to watch those shows with my mouth watering like Woody Woodpecker on the episode when he didn't fly south for the winter and was starving! I used to like the frugal gourmet too, until I found out he was a child molesterer... Creep.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in