Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1

    Low Flow Bypass vs. Decoupler


    Can someone define what a Low Flow Bypass is vs what a Decoupler? I hear both terms used but not sure if it correct to used them interchangeably?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Low Flow Bypass:
    As the chilled water flow drops due to AHU valves closing this valve will open to maintain minimum flow requirements between supply and return.

    Common Chilled Water Pipe between Primary and Secondary loops.

  3. #3
    So then what is meant when someone uses the term "Bridge"?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiller_Girl View Post
    So then what is meant when someone uses the term "Bridge"?
    The last time I heard it used was to describe a structure that spanned a body of water. I have never heard it in reference to the decoupler. I have heard some people call the decoupler a "crossover". Sometimes the lack of consistently in terminology can be confusing.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Dixiana, AL
    Bridge line is a term that some use in place of decoupler. Simply the "bridge" between primary and secondary. Not necessarily the correct term according to our industry, but when you think about it, it makes a lot more sense.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event