+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tampa, Sarasota, St Petersburg FL Tech needed

Post Likes

Tampa, Sarasota, St Petersburg FL Tech needed

Good salary ($17-$22 per hour), vacation, holidays, good working conditions. Sprinter Vans, truck tools (reclaim, vaccum pump, leak detector, recovery machine and Fluke meter) and nextel radio. Cal Ken 727-573-4822, e-mail: merken1@aol.com: company web"www.acservice.com". Mainly HVA/C and a little refrigeration. Will train the right person if needed.
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"]merken1[/FONT]

Post Likes

Smile

I need to add that a partial assistane with relocation cost is available. Call for more informnation. 727-734-8859--Ken

Post Likes
    Merk,
    are you residential?
    Last edited by secorp; 06-10-2007 at 02:33 PM.
    If common sense is so common how come so few of us have it!

Post Likes
    What's wrong with Southern Equipment? Are they @#$%in up?
    Don't pick the fly crap out of the pepper.

Post Likes
    Who?

Post Likes
    I assumed "secorp" meant "Southern Equipment Corporation". Sorry.

Post Likes
    OH, I know who you are talking about, I forgot all about that company.
    No. it is just a thing I started a long time ago. it meant southeast corporation. I was having fun one day and decided I was in charge of the entire South East and adopted it as my handle.

Post Likes
    Ken, Does Joe D. still work there?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BergerMech Rob View Post
    Ken, Does Joe D. still work there?
    No he left for Miami. Something to do with a girl friend. Joe was good and I am going to miss him.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by secorp View Post
    Merk,
    are you residential?
    No residential unless we have to do it, as we are not set up for it. Light commercial and some refrigertion. Restaurants are a large part of our business.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by merken1 View Post
    No he left for Miami. Something to do with a girl friend. Joe was good and I am going to miss him.
    Yeah, that's too bad. Joe is tops. I tried calling him a few days ago, with no answer. Del's still hanging in there, right?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BergerMech Rob View Post
    Yeah, that's too bad. Joe is tops. I tried calling him a few days ago, with no answer. Del's still hanging in there, right?
    No. I'm afraid that Del has gone to work with a refrigreration company as a full service man. I don't think that he is ready, but he wanted to make the move.
    Did you go with MSI?

Post Likes
    Good salary ($17-$22 per hour),

Not being a smart a$$ so please do not take it that way BUT is that really what is considered " good pay" in the Tampa area for a top commercial technician ??
    Last edited by refrtech; 06-12-2007 at 07:13 PM.

Post Likes
    Payscale is all over the map in the Tampa bay area. It really depends on what you do and who you do it for. $17/hr isn't too bad for an apprentice/entry level service position... I think $22/hr. may be a little on the low side for a top-notch, experienced, reliable technician with a proven track record.

When I worked at Merken's company, it was generally a pretty laid back atmosphere, with little pressure. I would have gladly gone to work for PMCI's service dept. If I had half the knowledge that a few of the guys at PMCI command, I'd be doing alright.

p.s. The jury's still out on MSI. I took a drug test today, have an interview with JCI tomorrow evening, and a few other things cookin'.

Post Likes
    No. I'm afraid that Del has gone to work with a refrigreration company as a full service man. I don't think that he is ready, but he wanted to make the move.
    Did you go with MSI?
    I agree with you. Del's going to get in over his head in refrigeration, I think. I'm just learning how demanding refrigeration can be, myself. People don't go bad, but groceries do. That = pressure

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by refrtech View Post
    Good salary ($17-$22 per hour),

Not being a smart a$$ so please do not take it that way BUT is that really what is considered " good pay" in the Tampa area for a top commercial technician ??
    I believe that about the best you can get is going to be in the range of $22-$25 per hour. That is going to be hard to come by unless you hit the company at the right moment. Most of the companies will start you in the range of $17-$22 and review you in about 90 days.

This will sound cheap if you are currently in the union up north.

Post Likes
    I believe that about the best you can get is going to be in the range of $22-$25 per hour. That is going to be hard to come by unless you hit the company at the right moment. Most of the companies will start you in the range of $17-$22 and review you in about 90 days.

This will sound cheap if you are currently in the union up north.

have you found one yet merk

i have a friend that maybe interested depending on travel he lives in the brad/sarasota area

does mainly supermarkets
    once you think you've seen it all
    (THINK AGAIN)
    I would rather work for free than be look upon as a thief!!!!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtyboy103us View Post
    have you found one yet merk

i have a friend that maybe interested depending on travel he lives in the brad/sarasota area

does mainly supermarkets
    We have very little travel. The construction department works the entire state but the service works the area from Sarasota to Orlando to Brooksville. I need someone in the Sarasota area to handle tne accounts we have there.Tell him to send me a resume or call on Monday and we'll set up a meeting.
    thanks for the help

Post Likes
    Hi Merk Im dirtyboys friend. Just browsing posts and came across this one. If you need a solid senior tech, I'ld be intrested in talking to you. Feel free to browse my posts to get a feel for the caliber tech I am. I'll be happy to contact you if you like, to sit down and talk, and get a feel for one another. I've been doing specifically rack work for 15 years now. Look forward to hearing from you.

Post Likes

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by gas_n_go View Post
    Hi Merk Im dirtyboys friend. Just browsing posts and came across this one. If you need a solid senior tech, I'ld be intrested in talking to you. Feel free to browse my posts to get a feel for the caliber tech I am. I'll be happy to contact you if you like, to sit down and talk, and get a feel for one another. I've been doing specifically rack work for 15 years now. Look forward to hearing from you.
    I'm very interested in talking to you. From your posts you seem to have a good feel for the refrigerant system and the problems associated with it. My cel is 727-224-1039 and the office is 727-573-4822.
    I'm going to be in the Sarasota area next week and can meet with you if you are interested in service work. Call me and I'll buy you lunch..

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in