Quote Originally Posted by trey r View Post
Man when did this forum begin. I haven't been on here for awhile, been really busy. Anything interesting happen in the past few weeks?

Anyway I'm going to build a smoker. I have a 4' x 6' trailer that was given to me. That's about all I have right now. Not sure if I should make it just wood burning or LP. I am looking for a large propane tank to make the cooker out of. I am looking for ideas or any helpful info from others. I've never built one or cooked on one.
I would suggest that you build a firebox in front,then take measurements of center of tank drill 1/2 hole pipe thread it, then make and estimate of how big of doors you want to cut into side, then cut out, after you trim the hole you cut out with iron about 2" so that when you close lid makes nice secure lip. We took 3" pipe up 48" with sliding cap right or left. Also we have drain valve at bottom with 1" ball valve we put water in the bottom when smoking.

I will try and get some shot of the smoker this weekend and post them.

Have had 6 briskets 2 chickens and 4 racks of ribs and links all cooking at once on this smoker with 36x24 firebox on front of trailor.About 10 years old now.