Post Likes

Exhaust Cleaning Cycle?

I was servicing some equipment on a roof at the time they switched to the cleaning cycle, for the kitchen exhaust. I noticed the fan stopped when the cleaning started. Shouldn't the Fan be running during the cleaning cycle?
    I only have to make it work till I retire.

Post Likes
    Guess I have been living a sheltered life. Exhaust fan cleaning cycle? First I have heard of one. You are talking of a kitchen exhaust right?

3. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post
    Post Likes
    It can run but only at about 15 Hz if it is controlled by a VFD. The reason it slows down or shuts off is because they need the hot water to stay hot and the grease to drain. If the fan ran at max speed the grease would re-solidify and the cleaning cycle would be pointless.
    "Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort. The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten" --- John Ruskin

In a kitchen with my head stuck in an oven
    Post Likes
    All of our Gaylord and Halton hoods shut down their exhaust fans during their cleaning cycles. However, they're all on timers and run the cycle after business hours.

"You never know what others don't know." -

If I can't laugh at myself...then I'll laugh at YOU! -

Post Likes
    Okay, just as long as it's working correctly. I don't take care of this equipment, it's under a contractor.
    I only have to make it work till I retire.