Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

george foreman grills

i know this isn't true grilling but when its 10 degrees outside its better than ruining a good steak in the broiler. i will pull a frozen streak out of the freezer before i go to work and put it in the fridge. when you get home it should be partially frozen in the middle. rub butter and montreal steak seasoning on it and throw it in. you can leave it on long enough to get the outside done and dark, but since you started with the middle frozen it won't dry out.

i've found they are one of the best ways to cook tuna steaks

Foreman's work like a champ but are a PITA to clean....I like the ones where the cooking surface can be taken out and washed.
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

I got one as a gift once and threw it out with the garbage.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

I have one of the larger George Forman grills. Their great for using in the winter when you dont want to trug through the snow to the barbacue.

Great for pork chops, burgers , chicken ..... whatever

Clean up, no problem, just put warm water in it and turn it on a couple minutes ......... it steams everything loose.

I just make sure I dont let it set too long after I eat ....... which I never do. I hate dirty dishes or pots and pans laying around. I clean up after every meal.

Yeah, we have one of the originals and still use it fairly often. I love to cook hamburgers in it, but it works for about everything.

Grilled cheese and (what ever- ham, bologna etc.) sandwiches come out really good on the old GFG.

Mine was bought and pretty much earns it's keep as a fish grille. Talapia, salmon, whatever, GFG is the bomb! Clean up? I wet a paper towel, and toss it in while the grill is hot. Steams it all loose.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

I got one of these and I hardly have to leave the Computer, http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/looflirpa/igrill.shtml

We use GFG for lotsa stuff. Sure keeps the splatter down when cooking bacon
    i belong to peta ... people eating tasty animals. all my opinions are just mine.

Apparently Hulk Hogan was first offered the endoresment for this grill but he and his manager decided he should endorse a blender mixer instead.

I have a Procter/Silex indoor grill and its great for a quick hamburger or small steak in the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by smokin68 View Post
    Foreman's work like a champ but are a PITA to clean....I like the ones where the cooking surface can be taken out and washed.
    You are right about Forman's grill being hard to clean. What grill has a removable surface. Really like to know.

Thanks,
    EBear

Quote Originally Posted by spotts View Post
    Mine was bought and pretty much earns it's keep as a fish grille. Talapia, salmon, whatever, GFG is the bomb! Clean up? I wet a paper towel, and toss it in while the grill is hot. Steams it all loose.
    Genius!!! I cooked some fish the other night on the GFG. I used a rub on the fish so it really was a sticky mess when done. I used "Spotts Paper Towel Method" and it cleaned up like a champ. George would be proud of ya.

Have an older one in the RV that I use the towel method on....Wife got me one that the plates come off for christmas. Like the cleaning part, but still have problems with the t-stat and timer functions. Huh,,just read my post. Doesn't make sense. Plates don't just come off at Christmas. Plates can be removed any ol time. Don't try to broil a steak if the plates are in the dishwasher! LOL
    One way to outthink people is to make them think you think. They'll think you're not really thinking what you're trying to get them to think you think...........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast