tri star 36cpg6bs30l oven can not set temp!

tri star 36cpg6bs30l oven can not set temp!

I mostly do cold side work.(thank god)lol.i was asked to install a new thermostat on a tri star oven it is propane.only catch is this is the 2nd tstat the owner installed one before this the problem with the original one was it would get to hot (never shutoff0.so he ordered one and installed it himself but had the same results so he ordered another one thinking the brand new one was bad and had me install it.i got the same results.turn on tstat temp just keeps going up no matter where its set. I put a regulator on back of oven set pressure to 10inchwc.there is a flat head screw on valve body of tstat that seems to adjust burner flame,i was wondering is that suppose to set the stand by flame height?and theres also a flathead screw inside behind knob with a H and L and 125?i turned that both ways with no results flame seems to stay the same know matter what the knob is set for.any info advice will be greatly appreciated. thanks!gas valve # is bjwa25pbdo324 a robertshaw I believe.

To answer your question...yes.

By the way, those types of thermostats aren't plug-n-play. They must be "set up" correctly by a competent installer. Also, that tstat was calibrated at the factory. Yours is probably out of calibration now after jimmying around with all those screwheads.

Quote Originally Posted by ECtofix View Post
    To answer your question...yes.

By the way, those types of thermostats aren't plug-n-play. They must be "set up" correctly by a competent installer. Also, that tstat was calibrated at the factory. Yours is probably out of calibration now after jimmying around with all those screwheads.
    for your information I only planned on doing the plug part.not the play.but when it did not work after I (plugged)it in is when I had to (play)with it.if its calibrated at the factory so well than how competent does an installer have to be to set it up??specially if its set up from the factory like you say.other setting the stand by flame at 1/8 inch what else is there?if you don't want to help and just want to make comments to make yourself feel like the master of gas ovens then please keep your comments to yourself and I will try to find some competent help. thanks