microtech II issue

i have an air cooled condensing unit "ACZ070" with the microtech II processor in it. this is a three year old unit that was just installed. the factory start up was completed and the next day the processor let the smoke out. after the factory rep installed the new processor,i tried to raise my condenser fan setpoints and it seems to be set up for "read only". does anyone have a clue how to unlock the controller? any help is appreciated.
    mike

you will need to enter the password first. if they just did the start up why are you wanting to change the setpoints for the fans?

Quote Originally Posted by freonrick View Post
    you will need to enter the password first. if they just did the start up why are you wanting to change the setpoints for the fans?
    oversized condensing unit on a VAV setup. in a low load condition, the head pressure drops too low and i don't have enough differential for a proper hot gas bypass to load the coil. the factory start-up was a "quickie", i'm guessing because the equipment was sold three years prior and the manufacturers rep.( a sub-dealer, not the manufacturer) is forced to provide warranty due to the size of the account. the controller will not go to a password screen. i didn't know if the lockout was achieved through a dip switch or if it was programmed in via software.
    mike

it will set up through software and not dip switches. the pass word for that should be 2001. you will need to enter it and then go to the fan setup. look at the manual as far as where the pass word is entered.

rick - i can't even get to a password screen. if the lockout was made through the software i guess i'll have the rep out to unlock the controller
    mike

is this a white oblong controller?

Get a pen out Mike .......

Follow these directions -

Push "SET " from there "Unit SP's " , then push the "UP" arrow one time . This will put you into the Password screen . Once there push the "Enter" button (bottom right button ) to bring your cursor down one time . Enter 2001 then hit enter again . Now you are good to go !

One more thing , there is no lock out per say on that controller . You can disable compressors with the controller but like I said there is no lock out .

Good luck

i'll give it a try. thanks for your help
    mike

Wouldn’t an oversized ACCU cause the unit to go off on the low evaporator trip? You must have had some very strange condenser fan settings for the unit not to build head. I have seen the control system on these call for too many stages when coming back from setback then hold the stages in to long. http://www.mcquay.com/mcquaybiz/lite...MOM/OM_ACZ.pdf