Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

More Iraq Combat Soldier Questions

Spec. David Williams, 22. of Boston, Mass., had two note cards in his pocket Wednesday afternoon as he waited for Sen. Joseph Lieberman. Williams serves in the 82nd Airborne Division from Fort Bragg N.C., the first of the five "surge" brigades to arrive in Iraq.

The night before, 30 other soldiers crowded around him with questions for the Senator. He wrote them all down. At the top of the note card was the question he got from nearly every one of his fellow soldiers:

"When are we going to get out of here?"

Next to him Spec. Will Hedin, 21 of Chester, Conn. thought about what he was going to say.

"We're not making qany progress". Hedin said as he recalled a comrade who was shot by a sniper last week.

"It just seems we drive around and wait to get shot at."

Spec. Kevin Krasco, 20, of Medford, Mass. and Spec. Kevin Adams, 20, of Moosup, Conn. chimed in with their dismay before turning the conversation to baseball.

"Its like everything else in this war", Adams said, referring to Baghdad, 'It hasn't changed."

It isn't clear whether Williams mentioned the last line on his note card, the one that had a star next to it.

"We don't feel like we're making any progress", it said.

http://www.realcities.com/mld/krwashington/17300884.htm
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

Chapman Cohen

It's the talking snake again.

Quote Originally Posted by chillbilly View Post
    It's the talking snake again.
    Don't listen to him, chill. You might get kicked booted from the Garden of Eden.
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Iraq Councilman Says Battle Rages in Baghdad After Residents Rise Up Against al-Qaida
    http://start.localnet.com/article.ph...D8PFGHSO1.html

Snakes don't talk...they just hiss. Wiki says: Hiss: An onomatopoeia for a type of noise comparable to white noise, such as the release of air brakes. The noise is characteristic of some snakes and also commonly produced by cats and people with a lisp.

So, that snake makes a noise like air brakes or a cat or maybe a person with a lisp...

As usual, Geer will post his story from 1 or 2 soldiers and everyone else will post countless more saying the opposite. With over a hundred thousand troops in Iraq of course there are going to be some that will agree with Geer but I think it's been shown many times here that more of them disagree with him. Geer just picks another hill to die on and the battle rages on.
    Never knock on Death's door. Ring the bell and run, he hates that.

Views expressed here are my own and not neccessarily those of any company I am affiliated with.

After arguing this same type of post with geer multiple times all I can say is:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter.

I will defend, to your death, my right to my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by coordinatesales View Post
    As usual, Geer will post his story from 1 or 2 soldiers and everyone else will post countless more saying the opposite. With over a hundred thousand troops in Iraq of course there are going to be some that will agree with Geer but I think it's been shown many times here that more of them disagree with him. Geer just picks another hill to die on and the battle rages on.
    Who is fighting on a hill?

I'm merely posting the words of Iraq combat soldiers as I doubt if the majority here, if left to their usual sources of information, would see these kinds of words.
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

Chapman Cohen

these kinds of words...
    What, hacked up and out of context? No, we see those from you and the liberal hack media all the time, nothing new there.

Quote Originally Posted by mrs reb77 View Post
    these kinds of words...
    What, hacked up and out of context? No, we see those from you and the liberal hack media all the time, nothing new there.
    There is a link to the story.

Paste the rest of it and let's see if their meaning changes.

Chapman Cohen

Gee geer why didn't you post something about that chick from CBS that got blown up last year. To hear her tell it, "there are bombs going off every hour". That's when I had to change the channel, because I knew it was going to be another anti-war story from CBS. If there were that many bombs going off, every media outlet would be all over it.
    Have you hugged the Earth today?
    Donny Baker rules

No one is disputing the fact that there are soldiers opposed to the war. Duh.
    With 150,000 troops over there, it's a no-brainer.
    Geer wants everyone to think that he is offering accounts that the people here aren't aware of.
    What a crock of pompous sheyt.
    If I was going to keep score, I'd at least want to have sufficient numbers to make my case credible.

Thumbs up

I'm sure Geer doesn't think he's saying anything people here don't know.

But, perhaps it is a mystery why people here won't acknowledge that they know it here.

Thumbs up

What a crock of pompous sheyt.
    If I was going to keep score, I'd at least want to have sufficient numbers to make my case credible.
    Right, so are you saying Geer should post EVERY soldiers viewpoint oposing the war right here on this little forum?
    To make a statement like that TRULY IS a crock of pompous sheyt.
    Have you no concept of a thing called 'representative government' and how that may relate to how many soldiers feelings are expressed by one single soldier?

Here. Here's a load of pompous chit for you:
    Yes, the war is going fabalously. Progress is being made. Freedom is on the
    move. We've turned the corner. The insurgents can't hold out much longer.
    We've got to defeat them there or they'll follow us home. I'd rather fight them there than fight them here.
    Anyone that doesn't support the war is un-American. You're either with 'us' or against 'us'.

What was the single most valuable strategy lesson we supposedly learned from Viet Nam?
    Hint: It's the thing that makes THIS war eerily similar.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast