New Frymaster Fryer.

Out with the old.
    http://db.tt/DKmo5tDO

In with the new.
    http://db.tt/Mr6xLXpZ

I don't think I ever seen a fryer on the wop. Nice job.
    You need to put the phone down and get back to work!

Thanks. The SDI franchise is something else here. I couldn't believe they spent $14K on a new fryer. FYI, if you ever work on any, always hook up the limiter cable.

Its pretty and everything , but my grandma could have rolled that in and hooked up a gas pipe ...

Quote Originally Posted by Snapperhead View Post
    Its pretty and everything , but my grandma could have rolled that in and hooked up a gas pipe ...

I thought grandma got run over by a reindeer ?

The fryer was a tab bit larger than the door frame. Plus the old fryer had all the casters broken. I should've called Super Grandma.

It's about time a Sonic anted up and finally replaced their broken down, 20+ year-old Frymaster!

I don't know how the restaurants work in your area, but the franchise here are tight with money. You could repair three different things & charge five hours. They won't see the good in getting all three things fixed, they'll be all over those five hours though.

Quote Originally Posted by MechTech2013 View Post
    I don't know how the restaurants work in your area, but the franchise here are tight with money. You could repair three different things & charge five hours. They won't see the good in getting all three things fixed, they'll be all over those five hours though.
    Same here. Sonics & older McDonald's are the worst.

I wrote up an estimate to repair a McD's old BIMH about two years ago. I disabled it and told them it was unsafe for use until fixed. That thing was itching to catch on fire. It needed a vat change - plus some. I R-E-A-L-L-Y encouraged them to NOT fix it and purchase a new frybank ASAP.

My estimate was never approved, so I thought they had taken my advice. NOPE. They called another company (they admitted later) that got it going again - without a new vat.

Well, the fryer bank caught fire within the month. Fire dept came. Store was okay but then they called me after the fire dept left (on a weekend). I got there and the frybank had been dragged out the back door and was a charred mess. I could tell the fire started at fryer #1, the one I did the estimate on. The manager knew there was nothing I could do with it at this point and was merely hoping I had a spare fryer they could use until they got a new one.

Sure...our company kept spare fryers...and ovens and coolers and slicers and toasters...whatever it is that we couldn't fix...

Is that sheetrock on the lower half of the wall?
    If you really know how it works, you have an execellent chance of fixin' er up!

Tomorrow is promised to no one...

Quote Originally Posted by rayr View Post
    Is that sheetrock on the lower half of the wall?
    It looks like white, textured PVC panels commonly used in commercial kitchens. You can see the transition strip between two panels in the first picture, directly behind the fryer.

How is it Hobart and Ecolab do so much franchise work? They're not cheap. Even Service Solutions and Hagar are pretty expensive.