What would you install?

I am a commercial service tech and don’t work on residential equipment very often. My question to all of you residential techs is: I’m going to be building a new house and would like your opinion on what type Make of Heating / Cooling system to use. In other words, if you were building a house, what would you install?
    I live in Cincinnati Ohio and there is no natural gas in my area. I don’t really like heat pumps for this area due to the cold winters, but I was still thinking of a heat pump with propane back-up and going with a York. I think York makes equipment under another name and is less expensive, but I don’t know what it is. I am not very impresses with Trane / American Standard, I have nothing but problems with them on commercial equipment, and the local Trane parts house has screwed me on several bid jobs, so I would not use one.

Thanks to all that reply

Well, I'm not sure how cold it gets there vs here, but a heat pump up here does mighty good. Our electricity is pretty cheap though (.04c/kw) so that'll factor into it.

Doing dual fuel isn't a bad idea either, kind of best of both worlds.

FWIW, I'm installing an American Standard 16 seer system in my new house. For the most part, the resi stuff from Trane and A/S is pretty tough, and I think much more trouble free than the commercial stuff (they get a lil too fancy sometimes in commercial).

Carrier/Bryant is good too.

I don't have much experience with York other than there's a lot of it out there, and I can say I haven't worked on much... so that must be good
    "If you call that hard work, a koala’s life would look heroic."

York makes Frazer Johnson and Luxaire
    GOD knows if you did your best! <><

If I were building a new house and wanted to use a heat pump, I'd make the house envelope thermally efficient, thereby lowering the balance point of the heat pump to where back up heat would not be called upon as much, and what heat the heat pump gave out warmed the house more effectively.
    • Electricity makes refrigeration happen.
    • Refrigeration makes the HVAC psychrometric process happen.
    • HVAC pyschrometrics is what makes indoor human comfort happen...IF the ducts AND the building envelope cooperate.

A building is NOT beautiful unless it is also comfortable.