Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Take Down The Bird Feeder!!!

I bought a bird feeder. I hung it on my back porch and filled it with seed. Within a week we had hundreds of birds taking advantage of the continuous flow of free and easily accessible food.
    But then the birds started building nests in the boards of the patio, above the table, and next to the barbecue. Then came the poop. It was everywhere: on the patio tile, the chairs, the table...everywhere.
    Then some of the birds turned mean: They would dive bomb me and try to peck me even though I had fed them out of my own pocket.
    And others birds were boisterous and loud: They sat on the feeder and squawked and screamed at all hours of the day and night and demanded that I fill it when it got low on food.
    After a while, I couldn't even sit on my own back porch anymore. I took down the bird feeder and in three days the birds were gone.
    I cleaned up their mess and took down the many nests they had built all over the patio. Soon, the back yard was like it used to be...quiet, serene and no one demanding their rights to a free meal.

Now let's see...our government gives out free food, subsidized housing, free medical care, free education and allows anyone born here to be a automatic citizen. Then the illegals came by the tens of thousands.
    Suddenly our taxes went up to pay for free services, small apartments are housing 5 families and you have to wait 6 hours to be seen by an emergency room doctor.
    Your child's 2nd grade class is behind other schools because over half the class doesn't speak English. Corn Flakes now come in a bilingual box.
    I have to press "one" to hear my bank talk to me in English, and people waving flags other than "Old Glory" are squawking and screaming in the streets, demanding more rights and free liberties.

Maybe it's time for the government to take down the bird feeder.

Yep agree. Time for the US to take down the feeder! Let the freeloaders go squawk somewhere else.
    I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter.

I will defend, to your death, my right to my opinion.

............good one.......

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by mark42202 View Post
    I bought a bird feeder. I hung it on my back porch and filled it with seed. Within a week we had hundreds of birds taking advantage of the continuous flow of free and easily accessible food.
    But then the birds started building nests in the boards of the patio, above the table, and next to the barbecue. Then came the poop. It was everywhere: on the patio tile, the chairs, the table...everywhere.
    Then some of the birds turned mean: They would dive bomb me and try to peck me even though I had fed them out of my own pocket.
    And others birds were boisterous and loud: They sat on the feeder and squawked and screamed at all hours of the day and night and demanded that I fill it when it got low on food.
    After a while, I couldn't even sit on my own back porch anymore. I took down the bird feeder and in three days the birds were gone.
    I cleaned up their mess and took down the many nests they had built all over the patio. Soon, the back yard was like it used to be...quiet, serene and no one demanding their rights to a free meal.

Now let's see...our government gives out free food, subsidized housing, free medical care, free education and allows anyone born here to be a automatic citizen. Then the illegals came by the tens of thousands.
    Suddenly our taxes went up to pay for free services, small apartments are housing 5 families and you have to wait 6 hours to be seen by an emergency room doctor.
    Your child's 2nd grade class is behind other schools because over half the class doesn't speak English. Corn Flakes now come in a bilingual box.
    I have to press "one" to hear my bank talk to me in English, and people waving flags other than "Old Glory" are squawking and screaming in the streets, demanding more rights and free liberties.

Maybe it's time for the government to take down the bird feeder.
    You bet your bippy it's time.

I agree, but it won't happen. Both major political parties WILL SELL OUT the American public and legalize these criminals. It is already been decided, just like these phony baloney gas prices.
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by whec720 View Post
    I agree, but it won't happen. Both major political parties WILL SELL OUT the American public and legalize these criminals. It is already been decided, just like these phony baloney gas prices.
    Yep. Anything short of a revolution in this country will make little difference.

Life can be tough......

Guess that Christian compassion is just for Sundays...... Lets be more like third world nations and let them starve.....Dig thru the garbage and make homes of cardboard...

Oh, never mind..... We are.....
    Life goes on long after the thrill of living is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by sline-dawg View Post
    Guess that Christian compassion is just for Sundays...... Lets be more like third world nations and let them starve.....Dig thru the garbage and make homes of cardboard...
    BS, Let them come to church on Sunday and be sincere and they would be surprised at all the help they'll get.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Lets kill one half and feed it to the other half.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Lets kill one half and feed it to the other half.
    He he he there was a movie out years ago like that a real classic called Soylent Green..........

Quote Originally Posted by glennac8 View Post
    BS, Let them come to church on Sunday and be sincere and they would be surprised at all the help they'll get.
    You know, Glenn has a point there:

Back before the government got in the handout (er, charity) business (probably more accurately called the vote buying business), the churches did most of the charity stuff. And since there was not 'government' involved, then local folks made decisions based on old fashioned 'common sense'. Sure, some mistakes, bias, and prejudice happened... but is it not happening now with the government taking over charity at tax payer's expense... lets be real now.

I have always believed that charity needs to be at the local level ONLY. It does a soul good to get their hands dirty helping other folks. We all need to do a little of that on a regular basis.

And I for one do not understand why I should send $1.00 to the federal government, so my state charity organizations can get something like $0.50-60 back with strings attached...

Besides: If charity was local (and not tax based), then we could vote with our wallets for the most efficient charities...

Funny how EVERYTHING the government touches costs more and does less...
    Last edited by ga-hvac-tech; 05-26-2007 at 03:46 PM.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by sline-dawg View Post

Living at the site of a Christian based organization which flies food and medicine all around the world and got help from the Air Force and Air National Guard which I was in and stationed at the same airport. I can honestly say no Atheist group ever had a Jet loaded out with anything going anywhere.

Maybe there was an athiest group under a christian guise so they could get the tax write off. These things can happen you know.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast