Thread: Fresh Air

Post Likes

Fresh Air

Looking for a fresh air system for some existing homes that have communicating A/C systems installed in them. We use either a ERV or Honeywell Y8150 fresh air damper, depending on the budget. ERV isn't in the budget for this one, Y8150 can't control the air handler with the communicating system.

Any thought?

Post Likes
    Have you considered the AirCycler g2? Option for wiring with a communicating system.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by AirCycler View Post
    Have you considered the AirCycler g2? Option for wiring with a communicating system.
    Tell me more.Send me a link.

Post Likes
    I'm fairly new to the forum and don't have enough posts to send links (i guess?) . You can find info on the g2 under the Products section on the AirCycler website. Wiring schematics for communicating systems are under Manuals & Literature.

Post Likes
    Are you in a green grass climate and are the homes fairly air tight?

If yes, suggest a fresh air system that will provide fresh on a occupancy schedule. This will allow avoiding fresh air when unoccupied. The amount should be adjustable to get an air change in 4-5 hours or whatever is desired.
    Providing fresh air when occupied also needs supplemental dehumidification during low/no sensible cooling conditions and high outdoor dew points, +60^F. Plus the moisture from the occupants could be up to 3-6 lbs. of dehumidification per hour to maintain 50%RH. Of course the a/c need to be setup to remove more than this during the heat of the day.
    Whole house dehumidifiers like the Ultra-Aire have merv 11 filters and are able to introduce the filtered fresh air into the home via the a/c ducts without operating the a/c blower.
    What is your climate? What %RH are you trying to maintain?
    How big are the homes?
    Keep us posted.
    Regards Teddy Bear
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"

Post Likes
    I'm fairly new to the forum and don't have enough posts to send links (i guess?) . You can find info on the g2 under the Products section on the AirCycler website. Wiring schematics for communicating systems are under Manuals & Literature.
    AirCycler,

Does this method have the ability to bring on the blower during moderate outdoor temperatures? Looks like the G2 only knows when there is a EAC call.

Post Likes
    Yes, it can bring on the blower when heat/ac calls are not frequent enough to meet ventilation requirements for the period. There is also the option to use the g2 with the FanConnect - with this setup the g2 won't bring on the blower for supplemental ventilation at all, and will instead bring on an exhaust fan and open the damper. If you want to give us a call we're happy to walk you through the details of both setup options.

Post Likes
    You might be close to having enough posts now to include links. Are you a manufacturer's rep.? We have some other rep's. who make great contributions at times.
    It's an upside down world we live in.

Post Likes
    Just a regular ol' AirCycler employee here. AirCycler g2 info can be found here. This page also links to our specialized wiring schematics for this system.