Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Post Likes

ActivePure Technology ActivTek 2000

Had a class today on the ActivTek Induct 2000 made by ActivePure Technology. May be known as DuctWorks.

Wondering if you guys have been using these products and have any feedbacks from customers?

Thanks

Post Likes
    It is another line of Eco Quest or RCIs technology. They tout all these great results on testing based on surface sterilization. It uses a UVGI bulbs that creates ozone reacting with TIO2 to create by products that creates an oxidizing effect that cleans surface contact over a period of time and will make particulate matter coagulate or stick together above the 3 micron range and fall out in the bottom of your duct work which in time will create an air duct with an accumulation of dirt clods rolling down the duct out the supplies. I have seen this on a river boat before.

Post Likes
    I looked into it for a customer. Haven't applied it to any type of air quality
    issues yet. They seem to have an interesting device which claims to add
    oxydizers to the airstream which, in effect, should take the cleaning agents
    to the source of the problems. UV lights will only treat the air passing through
    the light (as I understand it). Thier sales rep claims it LOWERS the ozone
    levels when applied properly. This seems to be an advantage for some customers. Apparently to much ozone is BAD.

Anyone with more info. please help. I have an interest in this technology also.

Post Likes

amazing,

I came on here looking for information about this product--met with the rep this morning (Im a wholesaler)--wanted to get some information on who was using this and what they thought about it. Some of the national companies have backed off due to the ozone produced.

Post Likes
    Barley I would suggest that you really research this before you dive in head first. There is a reason that they sell this stuff door to door instead of an engineer specking it into a job.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by genesis View Post
    Barley I would suggest that you really research this before you dive in head first. There is a reason that they sell this stuff door to door instead of an engineer specking it into a job.
    OK, I'll bite. What's the reason?

Post Likes
    Don't have time to do a proper response. I just arrived in DC for a job.
    Start here this is basically the same thing.
    http://www.hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=144899

Post Likes

thanks for the heads up

from a distributor standpoint, it bothers me that they sell direct to contractors. from a sales standpoint, it bothers me from an ozone issue when most are going the opposite direction. I think we are going to pass on bringing this product in.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by genesis View Post
    Don't have time to do a proper response. I just arrived in DC for a job.
    Start here this is basically the same thing.
    http://www.hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=144899
    Thanks for the link. I should have searched first.

Seems like a lot of technical info. that I don't understand. Pro's seem to be
    claims of adding cleansing agents to the air. Con seems to be adding ozone.
    I still am not clear on their results or effects on health.

Thanks again for your help. I will research further and try to educate myself.
    If that's possible.

Post Likes

Has anyone installed the Activtek units.

Has anyone installed these units and do they really do what they say. I am looking at installing them for a customer on 40 systems at a hospital out patient facility. Install is fairly simple but I am concerned about the performance and purchasing the units since you can get ozone free and 0.2 ozone producing. Also I received a price of $ 1500.00 to $ 2250.00 per unit. Does thi sound too high. Seems high to me but I have never purchased. We are looking at the induct 5000 and 10000 units. Any info would be great.

Post Likes
    See link in thread 7. I got some ocean front property in Death Valley if you are intrested?

Post Likes
    When I worked for a Service Experts Center, we sold and installed hundreds of these. I would say 90% went well and customers were happy. The other 10% were sensitive to the ozone it produces and chose to have them removed and refunded. Then Lennox decided they didn't want anyone selling a product with ozone and they pulled the plug on us. All in all we made a bunch of money on them, and still have quite a few of them out there working great.

Post Likes
    Three points to remember about this active conditioning technology…….
    1. Nature based technologies: They clean air indoors like nature cleans the air outdoors using:
    •Two types of Ionization to reduce particles
    •UV and a Catalyst to create Oxygen & Hydrogen based friendly oxidizers to reduce microbial contaminants (Photo Catalytic Oxidation)
    •Low-level ozone to reduce odors
    2. The only residential Air Purification Technology recognized by the NASA Space Foundation and awarded Certified Space Technology status
    3. The only Air and Surface Purification with validation testing from multiple universities proving the ability to reduce up to 99.99% of Mold, Fungi, Bacteria and Viruses, including MRSA and Avian Bird Flu on surfaces.

Kansas State University Testing:
    ability of Unique Photocatalytic Device to Reduce Microbial Populations on Surfaces in 24 hours
    __________________________________________________ ________
    Staph (Staphylococcus aureus) : 98.5% reduction
    MRSA (Methycillin Resistant Staphylococcus aureus):
    99.8% reduction
    E-Coli (Escherichia coli) : 98.1% reduction
    Anthrax family (Bacillus spp.) : 99.38% reduction
    Strep (Streptococcus spp.) : 96.4% reduction
    Pseudomonas aureuginosa : 99.0% reduction
    Listeria monocytogenes : 99.75% reduction
    Candida albicans : 99.92% reduction
    Black Mold (Stachybotrys chartarum) : 99.93% reduction

THAT is impressive.