American Standard or Rheem

Greetings Everyone,

I live in Houston Texas and I’m about to replace my entire system. The two contractors I have narrowed it down to are offering the following.

1. American Standard Allegiance 15 w variable speed comfort furnace and high efficiency alum coil 4 ton r-22 system
    2. Rheem Rapco 15 Seer w variable speed furnace and coil. 4 ton r-22

My concern is the r-22 should I pay more now for the 410 I don’t think I will be in the home more than 5 years? Obviously the quality difference between the two is another concern although both have 10 year parts and labor warranties included in the price. Both are 4 ton and seem very comparable. Any suggestion or thoughts are welcome.

Thanks

Hmm gotta love the keoto accord

In the early 80's to early 90's it was R12 at about $80.00 a bottle.That rocketed to over $1200.00 per bottle in 2000 due to intro of R22 and has since settled to about $800.00 today per bottle. R22 is no longer to be used by manufacurers starting 2010.The prices should start going up shortly there after.However the refrigerant will still be manufactured untill sometime around 2015.R410A is still somewhat in early stages and while it is still being pushed by the industry it remains to be seen if something else comes out on the market.only the future can tell.But it will happen one day to R410A that I guarrantee.

I don't see a quality or a freon issue that is a concern worth worrying about

No quality differences between Rheem and American Standard?

Worry about the quality differences of contractors. They are both fine units