Cold Air Handler?

Hello!

My home recently had a nearby lightning strike which blew the fuse in the thermostat upstairs, and fried all our cable boxes and a few other things. Shortly after this nearby strike I noticed the master bedroom (downstairs, main A/C unit) seems a bit warmer than the rest of the house for the first time. Not hot, but just a tad warmer.

So last night I was just listening to the air handler and went to touch it, and most of the handler is very cold, is that standard? Forgive me if I sound like a moron...I know the air handler is cooling the house so logically it should be cold, but I don't remember it being really cold in the past, more just cool...but now it's cold. I don't feel any condensation on the unit, and the outdoor condenser seems to be working fine, but it's just weird that our bedroom is suddenly warmer than normal, while it's been fine all summer down here in FL. Also I'm hearing some clicks in the vents, not sure if that's always happened or not.

Sorry for the long thread, let me know if I'm crazy! Thank you in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Perno View Post
    Hello!

My home recently had a nearby lightning strike which blew the fuse in the thermostat upstairs, and fried all our cable boxes and a few other things. Shortly after this nearby strike I noticed the master bedroom (downstairs, main A/C unit) seems a bit warmer than the rest of the house for the first time. Not hot, but just a tad warmer.

So last night I was just listening to the air handler and went to touch it, and most of the handler is very cold, is that standard? Forgive me if I sound like a moron...I know the air handler is cooling the house so logically it should be cold, but I don't remember it being really cold in the past, more just cool...but now it's cold. I don't feel any condensation on the unit, and the outdoor condenser seems to be working fine, but it's just weird that our bedroom is suddenly warmer than normal, while it's been fine all summer down here in FL. Also I'm hearing some clicks in the vents, not sure if that's always happened or not.

Sorry for the long thread, let me know if I'm crazy! Thank you in advance!
    If your unit has a variable speed motor the fan speed could be lessened by damage to the module or control board