Typical furnace install time?

Hello again,
    How long is a typical furnace install?
    Going from one HE model to another.

Trying to decide if I will need to take the whole day off or just a half a day.

Thanks for your time.
    -JT

Reading your other post.....BS.....What does your installer say it will take?
    It's not the Brand with the fewest repairs-It's all in the install!!! Attention to detail and using the best materials!

Just heard back from him. 6-8 hours but they have Saturday appts. No need to take off if I can wait.

I don't understand the hostility towards the question. Easier to catch the boss earlier in the morning so I left a voice message for the installer and posted on here in hopes of getting a quick answer from one place or the other. It's not like I asked for the secret recipe... I'll catch my boss tomorrow, thanks anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus37 View Post
    I don't understand the hostility towards the question. Easier to catch the boss earlier in the morning so I left a voice message for the installer and posted on here in hopes of getting a quick answer from one place or the other. It's not like I asked for the secret recipe... I'll catch my boss tomorrow, thanks anyways.
    On a custom installation in YOUR home with unknown scope of work...how can anyone on the internet tell you when YOUR installer will get THERE and LEAVE?????
    It's not the Brand with the fewest repairs-It's all in the install!!! Attention to detail and using the best materials!

Quote Originally Posted by beshvac View Post
    On a custom installation in YOUR home with unknown scope of work...how can anyone on the internet tell you when YOUR installer will get THERE and LEAVE?????
    The same way I quote people on an estimated repair price (via phone, no diagnostic yet), at 9pm, saturday night.
    "Well, it'll be somewhere between $(trip fee), and $12000."
    '$12,000!?!?!'
    "If you need a new A/C, thats how much I'll do it for tonight."
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted